Monday, April 9, 2018

9/4/2018

WrestleMania 34:


Results...


  1. (Pre) Matt Hardy won the Andre The Giant battle royal.
  2. (Pre) Cedric Alexander bt Mustafa Ali to win the vacant Cruiserweight.
  3. (Pre) Naomi won the ladies battle royal.
  4. Seth Rollins br The Miz and Finn Balor to win the Intercontinental.
  5. Charlotte Flair bt Asuka.
  6. Jinder Mahal bt Randy Orton, Rusev and Bobby Rode to win the US.
  7. Kurt Angle & Ronda Rousey bt Triple H & Stephanie McMahon.
  8. Harper & Rowan bt Jey & Jimmy Uso and Kofi Kingston & Big E. to win the blue Tag.
  9. The Undertaker bt John Cena.
  10. Daniel Bryan & Shane McMahon bt Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn.
  11. Nia Jax bt Alexa Bliss to win the red Women's.
  12. AJ Styles bt Shinsuke Nakamura.
  13. Braun Strowman & Nicholas bt Sheamus & Cesaro to win the red Tag.
  14. Brock Lesnar bt Roman Reigns.


Notes...


  • Elias did not take his spot in the Andre match, he was replaced by Ascension.
  • Bray Wyatt returned to help Matt Hardy win the Andre match.
  • 6 NXT women, Kairi Sane, Peyton Royce, Bianca Belair, Taynara Conti, Dakota Kai, and Kavita Devi filled out the female battle royal.
  • Seth Rollins completed the championship grand slam last night.
  • Riddick Moss, Tino Sabbatelli and Dan Matha of NXT and the PC were involved in Charlotte's entrance.
  • Asuka's unbeaten streak ended last night.
  • KO & Sami are fired from SmackDown after losing their match.
  • Nakamura turned heel after his match.
  • Nicholas is the 10 year old son of referee John Cone, who was pulled out of the crowd by Braun to be his partner. He is now officially recognised as one half of the Tag Team champions by WWE, making him the youngest title holder in WWE history.
  • Kid Rock no showed the HOF celebration.
  • Aiden English had a hair cut in between his two appearances.
  • Elias sang a song and had a confrontation with John Cena.



Two day Mania:


The Meltzer claims WWE are toying with the idea of making future WrestleMania's two day events. He says they are finally listening to their talent's frustration at missing the big one each year and are also aware of fan fatigue with crowd reaction to even major matches getting weaker as the night drags on. Last nights event lasted 7 hours.


Alum talks why she is coming back:


Rosa Mendes says her dad's death made her itch for the ring again...

"I feel like when I retired, I had a little bit of regret that I wasn't in the ring enough. Actually, a lot of regret. My father was in the ICU recently, and on his deathbed and he was on life support. And, at the same time, Bobby [Schubenski] had a separation. So, it was one of those moments in my life where I looked at my father, and he was dying, and I thought to myself, I don't ever want to have any regrets. I don't ever want to be in a position where I'm laying here just like my dad, and that I never fulfilled my dream of having a five-star match in the ring. And I've never felt that. And I have a daughter now, and I never want her to have any regrets. So, I'm looking at her and raising her, and how could I tell her to do something that I didn't do? How could I tell her, 'Follow your dreams, do everything you've ever wanted and have no fear,' when I didn't do that in my life. So basically... that kind of snapped in my head, and I was like, I have to go back in the ring. I have to. What's the match that I could back, and even if I won or lost, I gave it everything I had and I'm proud of myself. And I can't say that right now. So, that's the reason why I'm going back, and I'm working harder than I ever have in my whole entire life."


Batista never quit:


Batista says he never quit WWE either time he left, it was mutual.


Rousey glad she lost:


Ronda Rousey says she is so happy she lost her UFC fights, because it led to her WWE debut last night.

She also offered this apology to fans...

"I owe the WWE universe an apology, because I thought they were going to boo me out of the building from day one. They really accepted me from day one. Hopefully, I satisfied a lot of skeptics tonight. I underestimated how kind the WWE universe would be. I thought any outsiders would be shunned. I was expecting to get shunned and to have to battle to be accepted. I worked my ass off to pay respect to what's so important to them, and hopefully they saw that tonight. I'm just so grateful, man. I'm trying my best to deserve it."


Raw tease:



  • The Beast came marching in
  • Blaze of glory: Seth Rollins returns as the Intercontinental Champion
  • Not like most champions: new RAW Women's Champion Nia Jax
  • Will Braun Strowman really defend the Raw Tag Team Titles with a kid named Nicholas?
  • Raw gets rowdy: what's next for Ronda Rousey?



Richest wrestlers:


Forbes have listed the 10 richest WWE stars (Based on earnings from in ring competition in the past 12 months only)...


  1. John Cena - $10 million
  2. Brock Lesnar - $6.5 million
  3. Roman Reigns - $4.3 million
  4. AJ Styles - $3.5 million
  5. Triple H - $ 3.2 million
  6. Randy Orton - $2.9 million
  7. Seth Rollins - $2.7 million
  8. The Undertaker - $2.5 million
  9. Dean Ambrose - $2.2 million
  10. Kevin Owens - $2.0 million


Backstage incident:


Vince McMahon and Brock Lesnar got into a heated argument as he returned through the curtain following his match. No conformation as to what caused it, but Brock threw his title belt at either Vince or a wall depending on who you believe before storming off.

Lesnar had been caught on camera swearing at Roman during the match, so it may have been related to that, but he apparently went off script at the end by busting Roman open so that is a possibility too.


WWE Network:


Senior WWE execs have confirmed they are looking at a tiered pricing structure for subscribers and teased a women's only brand may be on the horizon.


Brock signs:


WWE says Brock Lesnar has re-signed with them and will be on the plane to Saudi Arabia for the special later in the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment