Thursday, April 5, 2018

5/4/2018

Rock talks beefs:


With John Cena...

"In the world of wrestling, as you guys know, it's fictionalized, it's a TV show. But we had our rivalry, and now we can look back on it, it was so real. Like, we had real problems with each other. We had real issues with each other. Now... he's one of my best friends. We talk all the time, I'm rooting for him to win."

With Vin Diesel, and why it might stop him returning to 'Fast' franchise...

"Vin and I had a few discussions, including an important face-to-face in my trailer. And what I came to realize is that we have a fundamental difference in philosophies on how we approach moviemaking and collaborating. It took me some time, but I'm grateful for that clarity. Whether we work together again or not."

He confirmed there is lingering bad blood between the two men which makes him question whether he will return to the 'Fast' franchise.


Hair Been Kut:


Twitter went into meltdown yesterday after Shawn Michaels revealed he has cut off his long hair.


WrestleMania spot dropped:


A musical performance by Rock, Double J and Elias has been dropped because Rock could not confirm he would be able to attend the event.


Impact vs LU:


Scott Steiner and Chavo Guerrero have joined the Mania weekend co-pro show.


Brock's future confirmed:


Dana White has confirmed Brock Lesnar is going back to UFC...

"Yeah. Brock Lesnar's coming back. I don't know when but yes he is."


HOF'er killed:


Johnny Valiant has died aged 71. He was killed trying to cross a busy road at 5am yesterday morning. Police say he had chosen not to walk a little further down the street to cross at a designated pedestrian walkway and instead tried to get across during a break in the traffic. Unfortunately a truck was travelling faster than he was walking and he was hit. Emergency services got to the scene and transported him to hospital, but his injuries were un-survivable and he died there a short time later.

He is best remembered for being a multi time WWF Tag champ, at one point a record long reigning holder, and for his managerial role at the first WrestleMania.


Roman shoots on Brock, WWE and PT wrestlers:


Roman Reigns says he plans to beat Brock Lesnar not just for him, but the whole locker room. He has accused Brock and other stars that come back at this time of year of damaging WWE's future by keeping the current roster off the big show...

"Not only will it help fuel this fire between Brock and I, it will get some truth that needs to be said a little bit. Some people need to hear this stuff because this has kind of been a thing. Brock's not the only part-time guy. But there are a lot of full-time guys that are never gonna, as a collective, reach our potentials if we are dominated in this portion of the year by part-time guys. Whenever you have a champion who is on every single live event, every single house show, every single appearance that's scheduled, it changes numbers. It's true. I've seen it before. The tour we had after I beat Triple H in Dallas the numbers didn't lie and it's not going to be any different. It wouldn't only be huge for me. It would be huge for this whole locker room. This is a team thing that we do and I represent this new generation."


HHH joins campaign:


Triple H has joined DadSquad. A campaign to promote gender equality by celeb males with daughters.


Cena vs Taker:


Vince McMahon has personally managed the angles between Taker and Cena. There is still no conformation of the payoff, but Taker will be at Mania to respond to weeks of Cena taunting. Whether it will be a match, or a physical confrontation leading to a match down the road, maybe next year's Mania, only Vince knows, but he is very enthused that people are talking about the idea of this match more than matches that are booked, just for the chance it could happen.


Mark wearing that  jacket:


Mark Henry has teased digging out that salmon jacket for the HOF.


New star wants Punk:


Ronda Rousey wants CM Punk to come back to WWE...

''I wish I did. I wish I was breaking the news 'CM Punk and I are taking over the world together,' but I've don't have any news to break. I'm just pleading, pleading eyes."


History made:


Carmella has held an MITB case for longer than anyone in history.


Play me or free me:


WWE included Rusev in the US title match after he reportedly asked to be released. He has not made secret his frustration with his status in WWE and started to push officials to let him go if they weren't going to use him. A WWE source shot the story down, but one other confirmed there has been pressure from Rusev since early last month.


Buddy Murphy talks NXT frustration:


"Sitting on the sidelines for that long, it got under my skin a lot because I had so much to offer. I felt like the world hadn't even seen a glimpse of what I'm able to do. Being in a tag team, it's on myself but we were the champs and we won the championships early in our careers and that kind of got to our heads a little bit. We went out there and win, lose or draw we didn't care and once we lost them and couldn't get a win, we slowly got pushed down the ladder. Where do you go from there? I didn't have anything to grab onto. It's a tough time. I was working my butt off on those live events. I was stealing the show every night but the stage is a lot smaller. There was a time I put a deadline on myself and it was WrestleMania. I needed to do something because I felt like I was a diamond in the rough that had all the potential in the world but didn't get to use it. Maybe I was thinking, this isn't for me? A lot of things were going through my head. I had a little deadline to make stuff happen and 205 was my out and how I was going to showcase to the world who I am and what I am."

He did though admit hesitation when 205 came knocking...

"Dropping 25 pounds was something I was unsure about. It seemed like a pointless adventure in a way. I was sitting in the dark in NXT. I'd lost the championships, our team disbanded, the last time I was on television was when NXT was in Melbourne (mid last year), that was the last time I was seen. I was doing NXT live events and I was stealing the show every night. I felt like I was under-utilised and overlooked. Once that tournament was announced, I thought what better platform? I saw that as the opportunity. I was lucky enough to steal one of the 16-man slots."


Legacy leak:


This years WWE HOF Legacy class has leaked and, if confirmed, would have a heavily international theme, possibly including the first Briton to gain the honour. The conformation will come at tomorrows ceremony and is expected to be...


  • Lord Alfred Hayes
  • Stan Stasiak
  • Boris Malenko
  • Dara Singh
  • El Santo
  • Cora Combs
  • Jim Londos
  • Rufus R. Jones
  • Sputnik Monroe


Sadly no space for the long talked about induction of Bam Bam Bigelow.


Batista snubs WWE again:


Batista says he not only refused HOF this year but also the offer of a match vs Triple H. WWE wanted him to partner Ronda Rousey, he wants to retire vs HHH one on one, so he said no.

No comments:

Post a Comment