Friday, August 18, 2017

Today's News

SummerSlam:


WWE have added a staple match to this years SummerSlam card, as a very late addition. A traditional summer six man will see the Hardyz and Jason Jordan / Angle compete against The Miztourage. The match will be Raw's pre event bout.

The event still has tickets available.


GFW return:


As well as the returns noted yesterday, WWE Alum Tiffany returned to GFW last night.


WWE re-sign Alum:


Shelton Benjamin is finally returning to WWE, he has inked a new deal.


GFW sign Alum:


Johnny Impact (Morrison / Mundo) has been confirmed as a GFW star. He will debut soon.


New champion SPOILER!!!:


Eli Drake has won the GFW World title.


Triple H names biggest threat to WWE:


"When you say, 'What's the No. 2 promotion?' and 'WWE doesn't have a promotion knocking on its door and pushing them,' Raw and SmackDown do. Raw and SmackDown have a promotion right on their tail pushing them to do more. That promotion is going to run a show on Saturday night at the Barclays Center, and it's called NXT. NXT is going to set a bar, and the main roster is going to have to step up to that bar. And trust me, those are all people that are coming from NXT, and now the kids here are pushing them to do the same thing that they pushed the people in front of them to do."


The Rock:


The Rock is collating the music for this years WWE video game.


WWE in ads:


Dean Ambrose and Mojo Rawley have appeared in a TV ad together for a TV brand, while AJ Styles, Becky Lynch and Sami Zayn have appeared in a TV spot for UK toy store Smyths.


Sanity reunion:


Sawyer Fulton is teasing a return to the Sanity group he was a founder member of, before injury cost him his spot.


New locker room leader is?:


Roman Reigns says he is the locker room leader of WWE, and recalled sending a message to Enzo and CM Punk...

"If you have heat, that's what a locker room leader does, he speaks up for the rest of the bunch. It's tough when you have so many cooks in the kitchen -- I'm not the only guy who would speak up. But as the man that I am before I was in this business I would have spoken up if something was wrong, to what I am today within our industry. I am a locker room leader. I'd like to think I've been afforded the keys to the car and I drive that thing around every once in a while. But I'm going to take care of it. I said this a long time ago, and it's funny because I said it to CM Punk, but my whole goal is to leave this place better than I found it. I meant that. This business runs... people can say whatever they want about me, I was born in this business, this business runs through my veins. If you cut my arm, it's WWE that will leak out of that. I was fed since I can remember, from my dad and if my dad wasn't there than another man in our family stepped up and he was most likely making the money through this business. I've experienced a lot of hardships and a lot of great moments throughout my life because of this business. But the bottom line is it's fed me my entire life. I don't care who you are, you will not disrespect it, not in front of me, not today, not any day that I'm alive."


WWE on TV:


HHH and Stephanie will be on 'Jimmy Fallon' tonight.


HHH confesses losing to Vince:


Triple H says Vince McMahon's raids on NXT have been won by the boss more than once, but he has been adamant he cannot lose one star, and thus far has managed to retain them...

"I would never want to limit someone's growth or their opportunities, but when Vince brought it up to me, I said the one person we can't afford to lose is Asuka. You could take everybody else you want to take – and trust me, he did – but I need her as anchor. If I lose her and everybody else, I'm doomed."

No comments:

Post a Comment