Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Today's News

SummerSlam:


A planned title match was pulled from the card last night and was instead held on Raw. Akira Tozawa won the Cruiser gold from Neville, the match was then returned to the card for a rematch. Sasha Banks will replace Bayley against Alexa Bliss and Ambrose & Rollins will reunite for a Tag shot vs Sheamus & Cesaro. Finn Balor vs Bray Wyatt is also booked.


Ric Flair:


Ric Flair's surgery was successful and he is resting. The surgery was not on his heart, which is what he was initially taken into hospital with on Monday, but was an emergency. He had a blockage in his colon that led to the heart problems that led to his admittance and later caused kidney failure. He is still not out of danger and remains critically unwell.


Alberto Del Rio:


Alberto Del Rio says he asked to be stripped of the GFW title.


JoJo no show:


JoJo did not work TV this week after a death in her family.


WWE star admits secret addiction:


Mike Kanellis says he has conquered a three year addiction to pain killers, which started after a knee injury. He added that he kept his addiction secret from his friends, family and wife.


SmackDown tease:



  • John Cena faces Jinder Mahal tonight on SmackDown LIVE
  • AJ Styles to apologize to Shane McMahon
  • Natalya battles Becky Lynch before SummerSlam title showdown
  • Breezango returns to "Fashion Peaks" one last time

Best ever:


Seth Rollins says this is WWE's greatest ever roster...

"I think we have maybe the most talented roster of all time. I don't think we need anybody to help or crossover. If they want to come over to our world and have some fun then that's cool but we're happy doing our thing on our own."


Alum ashamed:


X-Pac has confessed to being ashamed of the infamous DX mocking Nation skit...

"Actually the only thing that I can honestly say I really regret now is the blackface thing. I did not understand. Here's the thing: I consider myself pretty well, for somebody that didn't go to high school, pretty well educated. I know a lot of things, but I never saw an actual minstrel show, blackface thing. Recently, I saw something about it and I was horrified, horrified at how mean-spirited all that stuff was. I look at it way different now."


AJMania:


AJ Styles has his Mania 34 opponent planned already...

"I'm picking Shinsuke. Sorry, that's nothing on Finn Balor. The reason why I say this is because at Wrestlemania, it's not going to happen with Finn Balor and I. Why? Because he's on Raw. Shinsuke's my best chance getting into that Main Event picture at Wrestlemania. That's why he wins the championship. I hope he wins it so I can get in there and wrestle him at Wrestlemania."


The Rock:


The Rock has won a best actor award from Teen Choice.


PPV dropped:


Roadblock appears to have been dropped from this years calendar. Clash Of The Champions will end this year's PPV schedule on December 17.


Why GFW won:


Sonjay Dutt has revealed why he picked Impact over WWE...

"A lot of factors played into that."I'm 35, I've got a wife, I've got two kids and I've got a family that I have to put first before my decisions in life. That took a good chunk of the decision-making process, what is best for them. You know, uprooting my family and two young children, that was a huge part of it. It was tough but family first at the end of the day. Like I said, I've got a 6-year old and an 8-month old and a wife, so those factors outweigh anything."

No comments:

Post a Comment