Saturday, August 12, 2017

Today's News

WWE go cold on Rousey:


Triple H says there have been no recent talks with Ronda Rousey about a WWE career...

"I don't know that I ever once looked out at the crowd and saw her without this ear-to-ear grin on her face. She was like a little kid after every break there would be when I would talk to her -- like a little kid. What that means? Unsure. What that means down the line? I think she's unsure. I think Rousey is in a transition period in her life and is in a great place. I think she's getting married soon or something. Look, she has got a lot going on, but I'm all about creating opportunities. That's what the Mae Young Classic is all about -- creating opportunities for these women that they never had before. If Ronda Rousey wants that opportunity, I'd be happy to talk to her about it."


Fuku NJPW:


Low Ki says he left NJPW because they wanted him to work an event in Fukushima, the site of a nuclear incident during the Tsunami disaster in Japan. He felt it would not be safe to do so...

"I had put my foot down about wrestling in Fukushima. I did my research, both in the country as far as media and news outlets, and outside of the country as well, to get more of an informed position on Fukushima. I didn't want to wrestle there. At that time, I was the IWGP Champion, and I spoke with the company and said I don't feel comfortable with this, I don't want to do that. We had a meeting, I believe a week later, where I was informed that the president thought that if I couldn't make that event, which would be scheduled for the following February, because it's a large television market, that I would be disqualified from performing. And I thought 'Well ok, I just won't perform at that one event', and they came back with 'no, you're going to be cut for the entire year'. So to me, that was utter disrespect, only because the first ten events I was a part of in 2012, we sold the events out. I like to think that my contribution to the company led to positive results. That was a complete disregard, and my stance was based off of safety, and it wasn't necessarily based off of me.''


Sami Zayn:


Sami Zayn has reached his financial goal to set up his Sami 4 Syria charity.


New titles:


Nikki Bella wants Raw to get the Women's Tag titles...

"Being in a former tag team, I definitely think there should be a tag team title, plus you get more women involved. ...I think it would be cool to have the tag team titles on Raw since it's a three hour show - and SmackDown being two hours - there has to be time for it."


WWE help old boy:


WWE have interviewed former TE winner Matt Cappotelli to raise awareness of his fund raiser to gain funds for his battle against brain cancer.


Dunne out:


Pete Dunne was badly bust open this weekend, and will not be able to compete in NYC to defend the WWE UK title.


Matt Morgan screwed WWE:


"So long story short, when I got my release, I got a call from Johnny Ace saying, 'Look, we need to get the character off TV.' Johnny said 'Go to Japan for six months to a year, we'll bring you back and hopefully everyone will have forgotten the character and we can do something new with you.' I told Johnny cool and WWE sets me up to go to New Japan, got paid really well, but I got really bitter and pissed off. I then decide, you know what? I'm going to shove this up their ass and go to TNA and be 'The Blueprint' Matt Morgan and show them exactly what they missed out on."


GFW sign Alum?:


John Morrison has pulled out of indie and convention bookings because of his new contractual status with GFW.

No comments:

Post a Comment