Sunday, October 30, 2016

Today's News

WWE invest:


WWE invested $1,000,000 into Flo Sports wrestling streaming service.


Reunion:


Sting and Kurt Angle met up for the first time in three years this weekend.

Kurt has also said one of his two dream matches may still happen...

"I knew Bret (Hart) wasn't possible because of his stroke 15+ years ago, so I'd say Bryan. We could still have it. I'm holding out hope but chances are very slim."


Becky Lynch:


Becky Lynch says she never wanted to join WWE...

"When I was younger, I didn't want to come to WWE because I didn't fit into the mold. I couldn't identify myself with the term "diva." The divas brand was meant to put a spotlight on the women, but the term to me felt more glamorous than me."

She also discussed retiring in 2006, after the death of her mother whilst she was working shows in America...

"I quit wrestling in 2006 because I just got lost. My mom didn't want me wrestling, I was wondering if I was going to make it in wrestling, I got injured in a match, I was 19, I was away from home, living in Florida and I just got lost. I couldn't face it, so I stepped away. It was like a death for me, and that is not an exaggeration. I struggled for years to find what I wanted to do. I was away for seven years. I always kept journals, and it's crazy to go back and read these journals because it seemed like I had unfinished business. I always felt like it was something I was meant to do, but I just didn't know how to get back in. So I ended up just trying to do something to fill the void."


Hell In A Cell:


Tonight is WWE Hell In A Cell. The latest Raw only PPV special. As of this morning Sasha Banks vs Charlotte was planned to be the main event, with Roman Reigns vs Rusev the opener.


Charlotte talks reason for wrestling:


She says her brother Reid talked her into getting into the sport at their father's second HOF induction ceremony...

"I was at the WWE Hall of Fame for the Four Horsemen in Miami, and John Laurinaitis was at dinner with my family and he asked me, "Why aren't you doing this?" I told him, "I never thought about it." My little brother, Reid, was like, "Oh my god! We can do it together!" I was personal training at the time, so I thought, I'll give it a shot. I don't know how Reid convinced me. Even when I was driving to Tampa with the U-Haul packed, I thought, "What am I doing?!" I never wanted to be a wrestler. When I got there though, the wrestling -- the physical part -- was super easy. I've played sports, and I've been a tomboy my whole life. But I didn't have a goal. After my brother Reid passed away in 2013, I realized this was what I was meant to do. And I just got better."

She also shared this photo of her late sibling.


Renee Young:


Renee Young will represent WWE at the Reality TV awards next week.


Celeb at live:


The frontman of Korn was at the NXT live on Saturday night.


Santino reveals who ended his career:


"Rusev was my final opponent/match, his camel clutch was the straw that broke this camel's back. It aggravated my neck where I couldn't move it at all. Was the end of the line; couldn't do it anymore."


WCW star returns:


Scott Norton is going to Japan for a run with NJPW.


Wrestle-busters:


Kenny Omega and Young Bucks dressed as Ghostbusters for a match this weekend.


WWE star wants to quit:


Domino says one of his friends in WWE confided that he is burnt out and ready to quit the promotion. He did not let on who it was.

1 comment:

  1. You don't wanna be in WWE?request release and don't let door hit you in the ass on the way out.

    ReplyDelete