Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Today's News

Indie great makes debut:


Roderick Strong will make his debut on the WWE live tour this weekend.



HOF'er at Raw:


Blackjack Lanza was backstage at last nights Raw.



New service signs first deal:


WWN, owners of Evolve and DGUSA, have signed with Floslam for their new wrestling streaming service.


Despite WWE putting money into the service, and the site using WWE stars on the background, they have complete independence from the biggest promotion in wrestling.


Attitude Era icons to clash one last time:


The Hardy Boyz and The Dudley Boyz will face each other at House Of Glory in December.



WrestleMania 33:


WWE have announced WrestleMania travel packages will go on sale next Monday.



WWE take signs:


WWE took a number of Curtis Axel signs away from fans at Raw last night.



WWE vs Fans:


Vince McMahon killed a major angle half way through last night after becoming furious with the fans at Raw. He ''Blew a gasket'' at fans chanting ''Goldberg sucks'' during Brock Lesnar'spot and ordered production to hit his music to kill it much earlier than planned.



RVD outspoken:


Rob Van Dam has given a frank interview...


On why he joined WWE...

"With WWE, I mean, I felt like, when I went there, first, there was nothing else left, right? And I hadn't gone anywhere between ECW and WWE. I hadn't. Some indy shots, very few, I do them very selectively, and I did a movie, whatever. There was no other option if I wanted to continue being a professional wrestler on TV in the United States, WWE was all there was. Paul E. was already there."

On being disappointed with himself for joining...

"When I went there, I looked at it at the time as artistically selling out because my perception of what WWE was. It seemed like the Disney-fied version of wrestling because here we were in ECW nobody ever asked us, 'hey, do you guys really hit each other?' because we beat the f--k out of each other. I did look at it like 'okay, basically, I was doing this for the business, for the money, not for the art, because they're probably going to call me Robot Van Dam and have me, like, go out like, they're going to recreate my character, erase my past' because that is what I thought about them. And plus, while we were beating the s--t out of each other [in ECW], I would see the WWE guys, like, tap each other on the back with a chair and go down and it was insulting to me!"

On TNA's lack of motivation...

"When I was with TNA there were a lot of guys that really felt like they had it and they didn't need to get better. They were fine with where they were at in their career and they were in whatever. And then, working with them was a little frustrating because there were a lot of the times when they would want to do something, and they would actually put up, I don't want to say argument or debate, and then 100% of the time, D'Lo Brown would come over and say, 'no, Rob's right' and he would have to explain it and after a while, I was like, 'you know what? I'm going to be in my car. Just let me know when it's match time. I just want to go out there and show off.' And I didn't enjoy a part of it, having to deal with people I feel, I don't want to say it was a lack of respect. But I'm just more comfortable with where I've come and where I'm at and appreciating that than some of them seem to be."


Carter vs Corgan:


Billy Corgan's lawsuit vs TNA will get it's first hearing in court today. Dixie has adamantly refuted one of his assertions in his writ, she says the company are not insolvent.


SmackDown tease:


  • Will Ambrose overcome Styles to become the No. 1 contender to the WWE World Title?
  • Will anything be left after Kane battles Wyatt in a No Disqualification Match?
  • Becky Lynch returns to SmackDown LIVE
  • Who can tame The Lone Wolf?
  • Will we finally see the SmackDown LIVE debut of … Curt Hawkins?

WWE acknowledge TNA:


WWE unveiled a new group of PC recruits today with a press release and photo op. One of those stars is indie great Roddy Strong, and during his bio they relay his past experience, including his run with TNA...

''Chris Lindsey (Tampa, Florida) – Also known as Roderick Strong, Lindsey has trained with WWE Legend Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart and has more than 13 years of experience on the independent wrestling circuits with Ring of Honor (ROH), New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW), TNA, Dragon Gate, Pro Wrestling Guerilla (PWG) and EVOLVE. Strong has held multiple titles throughout his career including the world and tag team championships for ROH and PWG.''

No comments:

Post a Comment