Saturday, April 25, 2015

Today's News

UFC vs Wrestling:


Michael Bisping says CM Punk has made the biggest mistake of his life...

"If you're coming from a professional wrestling background like he is, this isn't story time with mom and dad. This is the real thing. He's going to learn pretty hard and pretty fast that this was a gigantic mistake on his behalf. This is the hurt business. If he wants a piece of the action, my name is Michael Bisping, I am employed by the UFC, give them a call. I don't see that phone call coming in."


Bas Rutten says Brock Lesnar is right to stay away from MMA...

"No he shouldn't do MMA anymore. Because you could tell that he didn't enjoy to get hit. You know? And I'm not saying that a fighter needs to enjoy getting hit, but at least they shouldn't be afraid of it. Once you start looking away from punches, that means that something you're doing wrong here. Either in training you're not going all the way, or they tell their sparring partners that they cannot hit the head. It's something that is not forbidden. You cannot shy away from punches, because that doesn't work in Mixed Martial Arts. You have to fix that problem. We didn't see him fix it over the time. If the heart is not in it, man it's like with me; after I lost my last time I was so angry with myself. I could not believe that I still couldn't do the ground game. I just started doing it two to three times a day, every day, and then suddenly it started clicking. Click, click, click, you know? You work on your weaknesses. That's what you do. And you know I didn't see that with him. He's a phenomenal athlete, don't get me wrong, but yeah. No, I think it's the right decision for him."

And finally Dana White has ended talks of a WWE return for Ronda Rousey...

"What she did was awesome. I loved it, (But) She's a one and done. No matches." 



Goldberg confirms wrestling return:


Bill Goldberg is coming back to wrestling, but says he will not work his one last match for WWE...


"I'm going to make an appearance in professional wrestling, but it won't be for the WWE. If I put wrestling boots and wrestling trunks on one last time -- and I'm going to -- it's going to be done by me, and me only. Anything I did with the WWE was not therapeutic, by any stretch of the imagination. The reality is that nobody's going to tell you that because they have an umbilical cord hooked to Vince McMahon. I, ladies and gentlemen, do not. So therefore, I can say what I want and not have any repercussions because I don't rely on them for a job."


Drew McIntyre talks return to Scotland:


"It's crazy to think that I made my professional wrestling debut 13 years ago in Paisley. Time has gone so fast and I've achieved so much, but I'm just getting started and returning to Paisley is so exciting. Making my debut there, having my last appearance before leaving to America, now making my return is pretty cool. Paisley has always been a special place in my life."



WWE clear out of talent:


WWE have dropped a number of developmental stars today. None of the stars released had made it to TV, and only one had appeared at a live event, as a ring announcer, all six had been based at the WWE PC. With a new intake recently, WWE decided to cut some of the talent already in place loose, to make room for the newcomers.



WWE Network:


Mick Foley taped the first of his Network shows at the NXT taping last night, and Jerry Springer says his WWE Network show will focus on footage that is ''Too hot for TV'' with himself providing his commentary on classic moments and matches from the WWE vault.


Triple H talks training boxer:


Triple H has recalled training boxer Floyd Mayweather for his WrestleMania 24 match...


"When I was working out with Floyd to get him ready for WrestleMania, his whole crew would be there. He always has 4,000 people around him. He's got a huge entourage, and he would be laughing and everybody carrying on. And there would be that moment when we'd say, 'OK, let's get started,' and he'd say, 'Everybody out,' and everyone who didn't need to be there would leave, and no one made a peep. He was laser-focused. Mentally he was like a trap. We'd work on something, I wouldn't see him for two weeks and he'd remember exactly what I had said. To be honest, it was super easy to get him ready."


WWE games:


WWE's 2K15 PC game will be released on April 28.



Terrell supports signing:


Taryn Terrell says she fully supports TNA signing her ex husband Drew McIntyre. She says they have always maintained an amicable relationship, and she is excited for him to get the second chance, after his WWE days ended.



Triple H:


HHH says he always wanted to work behind the scenes, and his relationship with Stephanie McMahon was a happy accident...


"I started in '95, so early in '96. I just was always fascinated with the behind the scenes of the business and how it all came together as much as I was doing it in the ring. He and I just kind of clicked in that sense and we started working together. I didn't meet Steph, his daughter, until quite a few years later, and then we ended up having a relationship and the whole thing. But I had this working relationship with Vince, and as time went on and I got more and more involved in that, kinda later in my career, he used to ask me, 'when are you going to stop messing around in the ring and come do some real work in the office? You need to be in the office.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment