Friday, February 1, 2013

Today's News

Andre The Giant remembered:


20 years after he became the first WWE Hall Of Famer, WWE.Com are remembering Andre The Giant today...

Famous Andre stories.

Stars remember Andre.

Rare Photo's.

Rarely seen matches.


Buff Bagwell on recovery:


"I've fixed all of that, and I literally maybe for a month now have been 100 percent. Other people have been saying I was 100 percent for maybe two, three months, but for me it's only been a month that I've been 100 percent. I feel great, I look great, I'm back to being Buff Bagwell. I'm just ready to go, man."

This was following a huge auto wreck last year.


Demolition to Hall Of Fame:


Demolition are the second confirmed inductees, (Following King Kong Bundy) for this years PWR HOF Class.


Superstar Billy Graham on Jericho feud:


"I know that Chris Jericho has never really cared for me, really basically from day one, but anyway I was very shocked (by his comments), I was just trying to make a observation of how things have evolved in professional wrestling with body types," Graham said. "I meant no harm or disrespect to CM Punk whatsoever because he's a hard worker and dedicated."


US wrestling press pick up Hart story:


The controversial interview with Bret Hart that I reported to you last weekend has now been picked up by the US wrestling press, you can watch the interview in full here...



New Senior VP:


Monty Sarhan has been hired as the new senior VP, second only to Vince McMahon in the power structure of the company.


Jeff Hardy on TNA being full of washed up WWE stars:


"You know, I'm not sure. We're way different than WWE. We may never be as big as WWE, but the cool thing about TNA is that we are the alternative. So people who get tired and bored with the WWE - I've been there, I understand - there's an alternative and something else to watch. For special wrestlers, there's somewhere else to go - as long as you're not brainwashed by that WWE mentality. There's other worlds out there; it's OK to switch around."


Hulk Hogan on botched surgeries:


"I called (WWE owner) Vince McMahon and said, 'Man I'm good to go, let's do this deal.' So we started planning, then suddenly I was like, 'Ah, ah, my back!' That put the deal on hold. Then they cut on me six more times and they kept cutting more bone away, until I had to have a spinal cord stimulator put in my back. The stimulator has wires that go up your back and stops the pain. They put that in my back because my body was twisting like 'The Exorcist'. I couldn't pull my head around front, my body was all contorted."


NXT SPOILERS!!!:


Adrian Neville & Oliver Grey bt Luke Harper & Erick Rowan of the Wyatt Family to become the first ever NXT Tag Team Champions last nght.


Cody reveals Rumble surprise:


He says he did not know his Brother Goldust was going to be in the Royal Rumble match until his music hit...

"Watching TheRumble. Well handled secrecy, @WWEDustyRhodes didn't even smarten me up, didn't see Dustin the whole day, then I heard his music."


WWE tryouts:


A 3 day try out camp has started today, 30 wrestlers are hoping to earn a WWE contract, including Sami Callihan, Rocky Romero, and Adam Cole.

Good Luck to all involved, let's get some fresh blood into the company...


WWE plug new DVD:


They are to release a DVD on the 25 greatest WWF/E rivalries, here is the blurb...

"WWE Superstars clash year-round with championships, glory, and personal pride on the line. But only 25 rivalries can be considered the greatest in sports entertainment history. Now for the first time ever, WWE counts down the most intense rivalries of all time. With each segment narrated by a different WWE or mainstream personality, each rivalry takes on a life of its own as WWE fans get an inside, never-before-seen perspective on their favorite showdowns. From the grudges born from equal pursuit of a common goal to those where the animosity crosses personal boundaries, all the timeless conflicts in the history of WWE, WCW, NWA, ECW and more are presented. Featuring Cena vs Edge, Stone Cold vs Mr McMahon, Ric Flair vs Ricky Steamboat and many more, this controversial countdown is sure to be dissected and debated by fans of all eras. Plus, special features include over 5 hours of bonus matches highlighting the rivalries presented in the countdown."


Tonight's SmackDown teaser:


* What does Booker T have planned for the World Heavyweight Title?

* In a week of blockbuster returns, who, if anyone, might be coming back to SmackDown?

* How will The Shield respond to being connected to Paul Heyman?

* What's next for Team Rhodes Scholars?


John Cena pulled from lives:


John Cena will miss all of next weekends House Shows, Chris Jericho and The New Age Outlaws will take his spot.


WWE star hurt:


Paige was hurt in a match vs Summer Rae at last nights block of NXT taping's, no further details have yet emerged.


Hogan ''Kills'' actor:


Sylvester Stallone (Is a tool) has called Hulk Hogan the hardest man he has ever faced, during an interview to promote his new movie...

"He killed me, oh he beat me up badly," Stallone admitted. "I threw him in the audience and he didn't get that he's supposed to pull his punches... We took four or five [people -- I swear to you -- they went right into the ambulance, right to the hospital with broken collarbones and this and that. And the hardest that I was ever hit was by him. Oh my god, he killed me."


TNA to Japan hits issues:


TNA have been told their programming will air with a 1 month time delay, to allow network Nippon TV to translate the language into Japanese, TNA are not happy with that long a delay.


Ric Flair health update:


Ric Flair says he is suffering from septic bursitis.

Septic bursitis is an infection of the soft tissues that surround the joints and bones, it is a potentially serious condition, because the infection can pass into the blood stream, leading to even more serious issues. He says he is in pain, but will attend NXT on February 24 to visit his Daughter Charlotte.

No comments:

Post a Comment