Saturday, March 2, 2019

2/3/2019

Sgt. Slaughter claims HOF is voted on by wrestlers already inducted:


"Being inducted into the Hall of Fame is the number one thing that you're shooting for. You don't win titles, you earn titles, and to earn the right to be a Hall of Famer and voted in by your peers — I was unanimously voted in. I was still wrestling, actually, and it was a great honor. I knew what it was like for me to think of what I wanted to say, who I wanted to thank. And as anything, there's time limits. Wrestlers can talk the chrome off a bumper, so you have to try to get it all into one 10-minute conversation — your whole career, your whole life and who to thank. So it's a pretty big deal and I really enjoyed it. This year it's going to be at the Barclays Center, and I look forward to it because it's my favorite time of the week when I hear the stories and hear who they thank and how they got there."


Chavo Guerrero talks successful transition to TV:


"Who won the Emmy for stunt coordination last year? This last Emmy season which was four months - five months ago? GLOW, by the way. Thank you. Emmy and SAG award, yeah, it's crazy, right? I got my television trophies - I guess you want to call them - in a cool little cabinet."


HOF'er dying:


Ric Flair says his great friend and rival Harley Race has been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. However, the promoter of CWOH, who has close ties to the family of Race, says, while it is true he has the cancer, it is not terminal.


AEW's financial backer talks plans for the promotion:


"I think the short term goal for this year is to do multiple successful pay-per-views, yeah, like Double Or Nothing, and later on in the year we'll be doing something else that's exciting, and we have a charitable event later on in the summer in Jacksonville, Fight For The Fallen. We'll announce more details for that at a later date. It's a benefit for the victims of gun violence and it's one of the causes we feel really strongly about, In addition to running more successful pay-per-views, I'd say another short term goal is our television program and I'm excited to announce more details about it again in the future. And long term goals, I would like five years from now for this to be a growing business that has been around, that has delivered on all of its promises, that hasn't alienated its fans, that hasn't alienated the performers. I would like for everybody to be able to say that I've never lied to them. I'd like Jericho to say I never lied to him and I'd like The Bucks, or Cody, and Kenny to say I never lied to them. And I'd like everybody to get out of this saying we gave them a fair chance, that we did something good for them, for their career, that we treated them well. I'd like everybody to come out of this five years from now and say thank goodness that we got into this because the wrestling business is in a better place, the fans are happier. I'd like everybody five years from now, long term, to say that when we got into this it was a pivotal moment that changed things for everybody that loves wrestling for the better. I think that would be awesome."


Brother Love claims Taker did not want to return to dead man gimmick:


"I gotta tell you, Mark Calaway hated the idea. Absolutely hated the idea of coming back as The Deadman because he thought the American Bad Ass character was multi-dimensional. He could go out and work a different style of match. He felt if he came back as The Deadman, then he would have to go back to The Deadman persona in the ring. We all felt...'Look. Let's give them at WrestleMania the old Deadman. But you can evolve in the ring and work as the American Bad Ass, but you're the Undertaker.' It was a battle. It was a multi-month battle and he didn't think the people wanted The Deadman back. He wanted to continue on as American Bad Ass and felt it was a step back to go back as the old Undertaker."


Alum's next challenge:


Sandman has signed up for a celebrity boxing match vs a former pro.


Rousey has had enough?:


Ronda Rousey has spoken frankly about her WWE career...

"The thing is, I love this job. I really love this job. But I don't need it at all. Not in the least little bit. So, the second I'm not happy, I reserve the right to walk out the door and live happily ever after with the love of my life. And, The Authority—so they are called in this company—are just used to bullying everyone around. And like I said, they give them just enough for them to live a lavish lifestyle, but still have to come back. I don't."


X-Pac spoils HOF changes:


X-Pac says WWE plan big changes to their HOF ceremony, including, he says, removing inductors to speed things along.


HOF leaks:


Two more names have leaked for this years HOF class. Brutus The Barber Beefcake and Torrie Wilson.


Kane celebrates reading day:


Kane dressed as the Cat In The Hat for national reading day in the US (Photo).


ECW banned:


ECW Icon, Sabu, has had his Twitter account banned for hateful conduct, namely homophobic slurs and repeated swearing.


Paige appalled:


Paige has defended the actress that played her in her biopic from a baffling piece on her thighs in a UK newspaper. The reporter wrote...

"Though Lowden's performance is gorgeous, Pugh is the film's main weapon. Hauntingly intense in The Falling and Lady Macbeth, the 23-year-old turns out to be an effortlessly nuanced comedian. With chunky thighs. Her character is based on real-world WWEchampion Paige, whose legs are significantly slimmer. How cool! So many actresses offer an idealised version of real women. Pugh is changing the ideal."

No comments:

Post a Comment