Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Today's News

Hall Of Famer hurt:


Ric Flair has damaged his hand and suffered cuts to his face. He has not revealed what caused the damage.


Cruiser gold:


TJ Perkins has won a shot at the Cruiserweight title he once owned.


AJ Styles shares why WWE kept his name:


"WWE didn't say anything about changing it. I just assumed it would probably happen, but a year prior, maybe a couple of months prior, Samoa Joe had went to NXT and they didn't change his name, so I thought, 'well, maybe there's a chance'. But, at the same time, I was like, 'ah, I don't care what they call me, Velocity, if you want to call me that, whatever.' But I'm glad they stuck with AJ Styles and it actually worked out for everybody."


WCPW win:


WCPW appealed YouTube's punishment against them, and won. All sanctions have been lifted.


HOF'er wants one more match:


Jake The Snake is begging WWE for a match vs Bray Wyatt.


WWE:


WWE are working on creating a theme park.


SmackDown tease:



  • Shinsuke Nakamura and Kevin Owens to square off in one-on-one action for first time tonight on SmackDown LIVE
  • Styles and Ziggler clash in rematch
  • Naomi and Money in the Bank Ladder Match entrants collide in Six-Woman Tag Team battle
  • The New Day to make SmackDown LIVE in-ring debut

Hart family member ill:


Smith Hart has been moved into a hospice as he battles prostate cancer. He has vowed to put right all of his feuds before time runs out for him, including with his brother Bret, who recently visited him in hospital...

"I am now more comfortable after being moved into Hospice care.  I would like to end any strife or suffering I have been involved with over my life. To anyone and everyone, cherish the moments you have in this world. Do not waste your time with hate or anger. To anyone I have offended, mistreated or been at odds with, please accept my humblest of apologies. While I may not have always been everyone's cup of tea, I always did my best to be the person I was most inspired by, my father. I would also like to thank my dear friend Carl Leduc, for making the visit from Montreal to come see me. It meant the world and I really like the new phone."


Del Rio retiring ''Soon'':


Alberto Del Rio has discussed his wrestling future...

"Well, I'm going to retire from pro wrestling soon. And if everything goes well, I will stay at Impact working as an agent, a producer. Everybody loves my work, everybody loves my choreography. Everyone talks about the way I structure the matches and how when someone is in the ring with me, I will elevate that someone. So if that is something I can help with once I retire from my wrestling days, I will be completely happy doing it. So, once my in - ring days are over, I will be doing some agent/producer work for the company, and I'm going to continue working with Combate Americas and taking the company to new places, and help that company to grow. I have a lot of plans, a lot of projects outside wrestling, and most importantly, I am going to go home and enjoy with my family."


NXT visit:


NXT stars made good on their promise to visit victims of the Manchester terror attack today. Bobby Roode led the visit to the home of an 8 year old girl who was injured by shrapnel along with her father and mother, who is still recovering in hospital. He presented her with a replica NXT title and hooked her up with a video phone call to her hero, Sasha Banks.

Some mainstream media outlets covered the visit to the city NXT were due to host a show in, before the incident at the venue they were to appear in. The UK tour will instead start in Leeds tomorrow.


WWE confirm it's over?:


For the first time since Mania WWE used the ''R'' word in reference to The Undertaker. Michael Cole said Roman might have sent Taker into retirement earlier this year on Raw last night. WWE have until now been deliberately ambiguous over his status.


New baby:


Matt Hardy has gone home as his wife is close to giving birth to their second child.

No comments:

Post a Comment