Sunday, June 25, 2017

Today's News

TNA made me hate wrestling:


Bobby Roode says he had to get out of his long career with TNA because he started hating his job...

"You want to have great matches, but your timing is off and you don't feel like you're at 100%. And then saying that, I got in the business to be in the business. It sounds kind of backwards, but I didn't want to be home all the time. I wanted to be on the road and I wanted to get those reps in and I wanted to be on all the live events. I wanted to kind of tour around and have that kind of schedule. And with TNA, it's like I felt like I was just spinning my wheels near the end of it. And I started to really not like my job, which was kind of an eyeopener for me because I was never in a position in the last 17 years up until that point that I really hated wrestling and I really started to hate it."


WCW star reveals why he couldn't join the invasion:


Alex Wright says...

"After they bought WCW they approached me a couple of times. One time they wanted to give me a buyout of my contract, as I was one of the few wrestlers that had direct contracts with Time Warner, so WWE couldn't buy that contract. They offered me a buyout but it wasn't good so I said no and I sat out my contract. After that they approached me twice and there were talks. I was very honored that they asked me and wanted to give me the chance, but I am the kind of they guy that wants to give 100% when I'm in the ring. I knew I couldn't do that at the time because I was burnt out."


NJPW promise:


New NJPW IC champ Hiroshi Tanahashi promises to have the belt, which was destroyed by the previous owner, repaired.


Run DMC vs WWE:


Big E. says Run DMC have served WWE with a cease and desist notice over a new New Day shirt.


Diva defensive:


Three of the women of the Diva era of WWE have gotten together for the WWE Network.

Maryse says there was a lot of truth to her feud with Nikki Bella...

"There's a lot of truth and everything that has been happening is 100% the way it is. To be able to come out and tell the story, yeah. I always say karma is a thing that is real.''

Eve Torres says their era deserve to be credited for the growth in women's wrestling...

"Everyone plays their part and you just chip away at it. And then, the next generation chips away. And then, the next generation chips away. And eventually, it breaks and they say, 'okay' and they see that it's something worth investing in. So I think it's fair to say that every generation did their part."

Kelly Kelly says she was upset at the retirement of the word ''Diva''...

"We always recognized the women that came before us. Do you know what I mean? And then, when the Divas Championship came along, and I feel like they totally wiped that out, what about us? Do you know what I mean? We gave it our everything when we walked through that curtain every night. Like, we went out there and we gave it our all. And so, I feel like even the Divas Championship itself, like, just wiping that out and kind of like forgetting about that, it's kind of like, a knife to the heart."


Daniel Bryan reveals return plans:


Daniel Bryan says he hopes to face Cody Rhodes for the ROH title in 462 days. Specifically naming the date as 28 September 2018. Likely meaning his WWE deal ends 90 days before that date, and that he will become a free agent, and would return to wrestling after walking away from WWE.


Jericho confirms return:


How cool is this picture?

Chris Jericho has confirmed he will be on the WWE tour of Japan, and who he will be facing.


TNA great calls for HOF:


Abyss says Dixie Carter deserves Impact HOF induction...

"I truly believe that she deserving to go in the Hall of Fame. She ran a company for 15 years and established its history. Gave us all a platform to become an international company, the merchandising, action figures, the SpikeTV deal. ...All that stuff was under her watch. I know she takes a beating in the media but they don't know all the work she put in and the passion that she had."


JoMo reveals how Miz was forgiven for Benoit incident:


"Miz was on Tough Enough 4 - which was the live SmackDown one - and I was on 3 and in between those two there was maybe a four year gap. It was quite a long time. I had already kind of had solid relationships with the guys on the roster and I remember 'The Miz eating chicken' incident. I think he was eating chicken over Scott Armstrong's bag. And Benoit saw him and kicked him out of the locker room. Forever. Like, completely kicked him out of the locker room. "I remember hearing about it - and I was on the other show - then the Benoit tragedy occurred and six or eight months after that, Miz had still been changing in the hall, he didn't really know what to do, because the rule is whoever kicks you out of the locker room has to be the one to invite you back in. So, he didn't know what to do. In that case, I think Undertaker might have done this. At one point, said something like 'Hey kid, why do you keep changing by the garbage? What are you doing out there?' Then Miz explained the story and he invited Miz back in."


Injury:


Bram suffered a nasty injury and is in hospital in Rome. No details of the cause or nature of the issue is yet known.


Jinder tags in:


Shinsuke Nakamura was not allowed into Canada for the Raw house show last night, so WWE champ Jinder Mahal stepped in.


Break-up:


Alberto Del Rio has broken off his engagement with Paige. The couple are said to have had a very public split in Orlando, Florida.


Flair tells Randy, HOF'er pulled gun on his dad:


"Harley believed he was the world champion. He wanted to fight every night, every night, so the WWE came to Kansas City and I'm over there wrestling Brody. Harley comes to the locker room with a 9mm in his pocket."


Kharma reveals lingering WWE ambition:


"Beth Phoenix and I never happened. The fans have seen Gail and I, and I would always love to face Gail again to bookend our story. The fans would really love to see Beth and I dance in the ring and that never happened. I feel like the fans were cheated out of that so I would love to do that for the fans and for myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment