Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Today's News

Emotional HOF'er:


Mick Foley says his promo with Stephanie McMahon on Raw this week was 100% true, and left him feeling very emotional. They were talking about Pat Patterson. He later blogged on his lasting friendship with Stephanie on his Facebook.



SmackDown:


Shane McMahon has confirmed the blue brand will not be going to three hours, to compete with rivals Raw.


American Alpha vs Heath Slater & Rhyno was to decide the first SmackDown Tag champs at Backlash on Sunday, however Shane McMahon has announced The Uso's will compete instead of American Alpha, due to an injury (ACL) to Chad Gable.

Curt Hawkins will re-debut next week.


Orton heat:


Randy Orton called a fan on Twitter an ''Asshole'' last night, after taking criticism for a promo he cut on Bray Wyatt on TV.



Barrett to ROH:


Prince Nana had some fun yesterday. He tweeted a picture with Wade Barrett, pretending he had signed a deal with ROH. He hasn't, it was just a chance meeting between the two.



Ryback addresses critics:


"I don't have to wrestle anymore. I am fine financially, very well off, and I've done well for myself. I'm doing this because I love this and I absolutely want to go out and prove to everybody I didn't agree with WWE's business model and where they had me throughout my career there. I'm going to go out, and I can't control how much time I'm given when I show up, I can only show up and do what I'm allowed. Now, I have full control and I'm going to go out and show all these doubters and prove to everybody how good I am, like I did there." Reeves continued, "I'm going to go out there and prove to them all that I am the number one big guy out there and they're going to see it firsthand."


Bryan reveals political choice:


Daniel Bryan says he will vote for the Green Party in the next US election.


Lanny Poffo reveals HOF induction caused dispute with his mum:


"Now my mother was very upset because she knew that Randy's wishes, she says 'You can't do that. This is Randy's wishes.' And I said, 'I am the older brother now. I get to make unpopular decisions. It's my wishes that are gonna happen. And Macho Man is going in the Hall of Fame because the fans have been suffering enough. On one hand you've got one Macho Man, on the other hand you've got millions and millions of Macho fans. And if it wasn't for the Macho fan, the Macho man would not exist. So in a way, I am doing Randy's biding.'"


Hall comments on incident:


Scott Hall says he is getting back on track after his recent relapse, and has thanked fans for their supportive messages.


Benoit: The Movie confirmed:


Lexi Alexander has confirmed she has signed on to direct 'Crossface' based on the life, career and tragedy surrounding the former WWE champion, Chris Benoit. No word on when production will begin as yet.


Xavier rips old boy:


Xavier Woods has revealed that Trent Baretta did his motion capture for 2K17, and ripped his efforts...

"I saw the New Day entrance and it's funny because if you enjoy wrestling, you might remember a guy by the name of Trent Baretta. He texted me and goes "I'm sorry." I go "for what?". Turns out he was doing the [motion capture] for the game and did my entrance. "I watched it a hundred times and tried to do my best, but I can't move like you so I hope you like it. I'm sorry". I'm like, I'm sure you did fine, but then watched it and yep, that's Trent. That's definitely Trent dancing."


Kelly tries out for big role:


Kelly Kelly has auditioned for a role on one of America's top daytime soaps 'Days Of Our Lives.'


CM Punk talks WWE regrets:


CM Punk says he misses some friends he made during his run with WWE, but the thought of going back leaves him cold...

"There are individuals that you see on a daily basis that, one day, I just stopped seeing. There's a quote in the movie Stand By Me, 'friends go in and out of your life like the busboy at your local diner' and that's kind of life. Screws fall in and fall out and I've kept in touch with some genuine folks from there and there are some that, if I run into at an airport, I'd probably hug and say, 'hey, how are you doing?' and catch up real quick. But, yeah, there are definitely people and situations, those are memories. Those are all good memories, but the thought of going back there is like the thought of going to summer school. It's like, you have nightmares about it."


3-1:


Cesaro beat Sheamus in London today, to close his deficit in his series with Sheamus.


Styles signs:


Joey Styles has signed for Evolve, his second post WWE job, after already agreeing to work with Chikara.

New Star:


Ember Moon has joined the NXT roster.

No comments:

Post a Comment