Thursday, September 22, 2016

Today's News

Kendrick reveals WWE snub:


Brian Kendrick has revealed that he refused the chance to return to WWE as a coach a couple of years ago, because he still thinks of himself as a wrestler, and was determined to prove to WWE that he could still go.



Leak confirms CWC changes:


The winner of the WWE CWC was going to be either Zack Sabre Jr or Kota Ibushi. That was the booked final, with the decision of winner made on the night, however, the refusal to sign permanent deals with WWE meant a change to the plans and both guys lost in the semi-finals. It is widely expected that both men will be back in a WWE ring in the future though, as the promotion are very high on them.



Ziggler inducted:


Dolph Ziggler was inducted into the Kent State HOF this week.



WWE chase top TNA star:


Triple H is personally sending out feelers to Matt Hardy, hoping to convince their Alum to return to WWE at the end of his current deal. Hardy fans should not be too excited by this, as Matt has total creative control over his TNA angles and career, and is making very good money, and controls his own schedule on the indies. He last worked for the company in 2010, and left under a cloud, after a big fall out with the office. WWE may have their work cut out to get their old guy back.



Shooters coming to SD:


WWE are planning a new stable for SmackDown. The shooters group will comprise Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, American Alpha and, when he is fit, Shelton Benjamin. WWE did plan a similar angle for NXT, to be led by Chad Gable, but Vince McMahon stepped in to shoot it down. Shane and Daniel Bryan have apparently turned his negative view on the idea around.



Summer Rae:


Summer Rae has neck and elbow injuries and has no time-table in place for a return.



Dudley returning:


The Dudleyz may be done. D'Von Dudely has been offered the chance to come back to WWE, just weeks after leaving, as a backstage agent, leaving Bubba to work the indies as a singles star.



ESPN:


ESPN have moved their weekly WWE spot to Thursday nights.



Mark Henry:


Mark Henry is celebrating 20 years with WWE this week.



Chyna:


A dirt sheeter has caused a stir by doing a podcast called the ''Downfall Of Chyna'', during which he claimed Chyna did not leave WWE because of the Triple H / Stephanie situation, but because she wanted a $1,000,000 a year contract, and WWE flatly refused her terms.



Rhodes in TNA:


Cody Rhodes will not be able to use his surname in TNA, but his wife will. This is because Cody's name is protected by WWE, and he did not use the name before he got there, his wife has not used the Rhodes surname for WWE, meaning TNA are able to use it for her. They can also use the name when referring to them together, as Cody & Brandi Rhodes. Cody will simply be called Cody. 


He debuts for them tonight.


Where Are They Now?:


Vladimir Kozlov is the first guest of the new Where Are They Now? Network show.



Jericho talks Lesnar fight:


"Well, anytime something like that happens, there's always a lot of rumors and a lot of stories being told and that sort of thing. But, I mean, not to get into specifics, between me and Brock, but we did have a little bit of a brouhaha, shall we say. And I think that happens when you get guys that are in a sport such as ours. It's half entertainment and half real and half not. And I think you get he had just come out of the ring. I had just come out of the ring an hour before, so whatever. And I just thought the finish of that match was very brutal and very violent and I just didn't know if Randy was okay. And I was just checking on my friend. We have always been pretty close. And I said something. He said something. The next thing you know, we're nose to nose, kind of yelling at each other. It diffused pretty quickly, but, I mean, listen, let's make no bones about this. Brock is a trained fighter and he's a beast, but I'm not the type of person to back down from anybody, to my detriment or harmful to my existence even. But hotheads fire off, we were in each other's face, and that happens sometimes. I guess I kind of have a reputation for it too. I've never backed down. And I think in the case sometimes of guys his size, they think that most people will wilt and most people do, but that's not me. That's not my background. That's not what I came up from, coming up from Winnipeg [Manitoba], and my dad's lineage of being in the NHL, and it's just not what I do, so, like I said, I'm glad he didn't eat me. Basically, there was a face to face altercation. And, like I said, I'll leave the rest between the two of us."

He also reacted to heat for his actions...

"Afterwards, yeah, but it doesn't make me a mark to go check on my friend. I wasn't saying, 'what the hell is going on with this finish?' I just was saying, 'is Randy okay?' That's what I did. And first of all, in 26 years of being in the business, I can do whatever the f--k I want. I'm not a mark. Second would be, I was just seeing how my friend was. Listen, whatever the finish is is not my business. Whatever they're doing or whatever happens. Listen, man, that's the way it is. It's not my business. It's not my responsibility or my call. But, when I see a friend of mine laying in a pool of his own blood, whether it's a work or not, that's real blood. That's a real concussion that he suffered. So I want to go check to see if he's okay because we've had a 15-year history and we've gotten into fights ourselves. That's one of the guys I've been in the trenches with and will continue to be in the trenches with till the day one of us stops doing this. But I don't think there's ever anything wrong with checking on your friend whether it's a work or not. If that makes me a mark, well, I guess I'm a mark for making sure my friends are okay."

No comments:

Post a Comment