Sunday, June 5, 2016

Today's News

Brock Lesnar:


Brock Lesnar is returning to MMA. UFC announced at their show last night that he will return for their landmark 200th show next month. He is still contracted to WWE, and the promotion say he will compete at SummerSlam in August, but have granted Brock a one shot return for the UFC special.


This has apparently been agreed since WrestleMania 32, and he has been training since that event was put in the book. His opponent is not yet announced, but he will co-main event.

UFC will promote WWE's SummerSlam the night before the WWE event, at their 202nd show, as part of the deal.

This huge news has led to speculation that UFC may return the favour next year, with Ronda Rousey making her wrestling debut at WrestleMania 33, but that is just speculation at this stage, and likely will be for at least eight months.

Others suggest that this was done as a dig at CM Punk, who will debut at the show. To try to steal some of their former champions thunder. This may not be too much of an issue, as rumours are CM Punk's debut will be pushed back until later in the summer, maybe as late as September.


New baby:


Edge and Beth Phoenix gave birth to their second child, Ruby, yesterday.



Cameron talks early career heat:


Cameron discussed the time she picked Melina vs Alicia Fox as the greatest wrestling match ever, during her time on Tough Enough, with the man that hosted the series... Stone Cold Steve Austin...


"I wasn't an avid wrestling fan and that was just the first thing that I remember and being women and stuff like that. And I was like, 'that's what I said' and it was just like one of those types of things that has lived with me forever, but I don't regret what I said because I feel like I wouldn't have taken the dedication to learn the history. And then, now I see why people were so upset. At the time, I was like, 'I don't understand' or 'if it was probably someone else, people would have been like, 'oh yes', but you know it was because it was me'. And I still get so much heat from it and so much criticism. But I'm happy it happened because it's like if you don't make mistakes, you don't learn and you don't grow. And it's like it really had me sit down, study the history, and kind of be like, 'okay, you know what? I can see kind of where they're coming from.'"


Slammiversary:


Grado & Mahabali Shera vs The Tribunal has been added to the TNA special.


WWE weddings:


Rusev and Lana have confirmed they will have two weddings. One in Malibu, taped for Total Diva's, and another more private ceremony in Bulgaria.


Ryback:


Ryback is keeping busy during his time away. He is learning jiu-jitsu and to speak Spanish.


Retirement ends:


Dick Togo ended a four year retirement this weekend. He may be best remembered as a member of Kaientai in WWE during the attitude era.

No comments:

Post a Comment