Thursday, June 23, 2016

Today's News

Top star quits ROH:


Roderick Strong is leaving ROH. He will end a 13 year run with the group this weekend. Moose is likely to follow, later this summer.


Daniel Bryan reveals his pick to win the cruiser classic:


"The guy who I want to win the whole thing, because he's my friend and I had my very first match against him, is Brian Kendrick. We came up together. I've wrestled him or been in tag matches with him in hundreds of matches. It's really cool seeing these guys getting this kind of chance."


Neville:


Neville is advertised to return at the next MSG live show.


WWE returns:


Add Tommy Dreamer to the list of stars WWE are talking to, about coming back. They may also put some of their PC coaches back on the active roster, as Stevie Richards has been asked to take over a coaching role at the PC.


List legit:


WWE are refusing to deny that yesterdays leaked list of PPV events is inaccurate. They say they will make a statement on the PPV calendar soon.


Punk fight booked:


CM Punk is finally booked to make his MMA debut, two years after signing for UFC. He will fight Mickey Gall in September. Interestingly his first UFC fight will happen in the same building his last WWE date happened in. The Quicken Loans Arena hosted the post Royal Rumble 2014 Raw, during which CM Punk walked away from his contract, and wrestling career.


WWE on tour:


John Cena and Nikki Bella have joined Stephanie McMahon in Cannes, France.


WWE return:


The Miz is due back from filming his movie in the next week. Maryse, Naomi, Bo Dallas, Heath Slater and Curtis Axel will be coming back too.


Cody shoots:


Cody Rhodes has weighed in on the gun control debate in America. He says he would be happy to give up his guns, backed calls for more stringent testing, and blasted the Republican party for twisting the second amendment to suit their pro gun argument.


Cesaro:


Cesaro has revealed he makes his own suits for his wrestling entrance.


WWE old boys in movie:


Samu and Snitsky will appear in horror flick '100 Acres Of Hell.'


Rock to MMA:


The Rock says he considered giving UFC a go after he left WWE...

"There was a time there where I thought, man, I achieved everything I wanted to achieve in WWE, my movie career is floundering a little bit, what do I do? I was relatively still young, I think I was 34. I thought, oh well maybe UFC. Maybe I should do something like that. In my head, I felt like it was at least a two-year process for me to even get in the Octagon, let alone the UFC. I wasn't quite too sure what to do or what kind of people to put around me at the time, so the idea kind of fizzled out and I continued to stay on the path of movie making."


Fight on:


Will Ospreay has challenged WWE Alum Vader to a match in England, Vader says he will consider the offer.


Wrestling death verdict:


A 21 year old man has been acquitted over the death of his girlfriends 18 month old brother. He had delivered a last ride on the child, aiming for a bed, but missed, and dropped him down onto the floor, causing un-survivable head injuries. The jury accepted it was an accident.


Daniel Bryan talks retirement:


"A part of my mind hasn't accepted it. I wake up sometimes with dreams of wrestling. This literally happened to me. I was in Las Vegas and I flew in. I woke up this morning from a dream where I was going to wrestle and I'm not. I have to remind myself at times."


Chyna:


A memorial event was held for Chyna this week. A video package was shown with many stars calling for her to be inducted into the WWE HOF, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon included. X-Pac has also promised to fight to get her in.

No comments:

Post a Comment