Monday, June 13, 2016

Today's News

TNA Slammiversary:



  1. Mandrews bt Paradyse (Pre).
  2. Eddie Edwards bt Trevor Lee, Andrew Everett and DJ Z to win the X title.
  3. The Tribunal bt Grado & Mahabali Shera.
  4. Sienna bt Jade to win the Knockouts.
  5. James Storm bt Braxton Sutter.
  6. Eli Drake bt Bram to retain the King Of The Mountain.
  7. Ethan Carter III bt Mike Bennett.
  8. Jeff Hardy bt Matt Hardy.
  9. Decay bt Bromans to retain the Tag straps.
  10. Bobby Lashley bt Drew Galloway to win the TNA title.

New owner named:


Contrary to reports that a deal was signed, sealed and delivered with Aroluxe, TNA announced that musician Billy Corgan is the new minority owner of TNA at their special last night. Dixie Carter retains a majority shareholding. He had been working in the creative department, but will now take on more responsibilities backstage.

TNA Hall Of Fame:


TNA did not name this years Hall Of Famer at Slammiversary, but say they will next week.

Raw tease:



  • Will a Shield reunion prove disastrous?
  • Is Kevin Owens about to claim one of WWE's greatest prizes?
  • Might four-team chaos erupt once again?
  • Will Titus O'Neil show Rusev what Americans are truly made of?
  • What does The Club have planned for John Cena before WWE Money in the Bank?

Cody vs WWE:


Cody Rhodes has booked another match vs a WWE star. This time Tomasso Ciampa.

Steve Austin recalls ribbing 'Taker, and the not to fun result:


"I knew we had a six-man tag that night, me and Dutch [Mantel] and somebody else against him and Soultaker and somebody else and I said, 'alright, dude, I'll see you tonight.' I told him to watch out, 'I might end up stretching you out there'. You know, just words to that effect and I was just kidding. I actually have a pretty good sense of humor. Well, Mark is a man's man and if you know anything about the WWE, he's the king of the locker room. He's the go-to guy in the WWE. It has been that way forever. And I didn't know his sense of humor. He didn't know me from Adam. And, of course, all of a sudden, there's a time for me and Undertaker or The Punisher to lock up in that match and because I just got out of wrestling school, I only know a little bit of chain wrestling. I know how to take a bump and he puts a couple of damn sugar holds on me and I'm just kind of laying there. It was Evansville, Indiana. No, it was a Tuesday. It was in Louisville, Kentucky. And there I was in the middle of the ring for about a minute and a half. He proceeded to put two or three holds that he had learned in Japan and he was a big MMA fan way back in the day, so I'm in there laying in the middle of the ring, getting twisted up like a pretzel. And all of a sudden, he decided enough was enough. Now, he wasn't hurting me, but he was just stretching me and letting me know what time it was. And so, I tagged out and someone else goes in the ring and Dusty (Rhodes) looks over at me in the corner right there by the ring post and he goes, 'what was that all about?' and I just shook my head. I didn't know at the time. I said, 'hell, I don't know.' But hell, I had insulted him on the phone by telling him that I was going to stretch him. This punk kid from Dallas, Texas with long blonde hair, two months in the business and I was going to stretch him. And he didn't take a liking to that, so I quickly learned from that point on. I didn't call him Mr. Punisher, but I learned a lesson that night that would stick with me forever."

WWE meet with NWA:


Before going on a world tour Triple H met with the president of NWA at the PC. He was negotiating the rights to the Paul Boesch Houston tapes.

JR ill:


Jim Ross says he has had skin cancer removed, and is now healing.

PPV's doubling?:


It is rumoured that WWE will host two PPV events a month when the brand split starts, one for each, as well as the big four, which will be shared between the two groups.

Ascension rising:


Konnor is free of his ban on Wednesday.

Injury:


Sasha Banks has confirmed she is clear, and looking forward to getting back to work.

Ventura case thrown out:


Jesse Ventura's case against the now deceased US marine Chris Kyle, worth $1.8 million, has been thrown out of court today. He had won the money, $500,000 for defamation, and $1.35 million for loss of earnings, but Mr. Kyle's wife appealed the decision, and was successful in overturning the original verdict.

Cruiser 32 named:


The list includes WWE Alumni, NXT stars, former TNA and ROH names, and a major name from Japan... 

  1. Kota Ibushi
  2. Tajiri
  3. Gran Metalik
  4. Zack Sabre Jr.
  5. Noam Dar
  6. Da Mack
  7. Zumbi
  8. Clement Petiot
  9. Harv Sihra
  10. Gurv Sihra
  11. Fabian Aichner
  12. Brian Kendrick
  13. Rich Swann
  14. Cedric Alexander
  15. Akira Tozawa
  16. Jack Gallagher
  17. Tony Nese
  18. Johnny Gargano
  19. Tommaso Ciampa
  20. Ho Ho Lun
  21. TJ Perkins
  22. Drew Gulak
  23. Anthony Bennett
  24. Tyson Dux
  25. Lince Dorado
  26. Sean Malura
  27. Raul Mendoza
  28. Kenneth Johnson
  29. Alejandro Saez
  30. Damien Slater
  31. Ariya Daivari (Brother of Daivari).
  32. Jason Lee

Legion Of Doom 2:


WWE have trademarked the name used by Animal and Hawk in their promotion. It seems Paul Ellering's new NXT team will use it.

Money In The Bank:


Becky Lynch & Natalya vs Charlotte & Dana Brooke has been confirmed today. Baron Corbin vs Dolph Ziggler will be the pre.

Sandow breaks no-compete?:


Damien Sandow has confirmed his WWE no compete clause ends on August 7, but he can work live events, as he did last weekend. He cannot though work TV or IPPV events.

No comments:

Post a Comment