Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Today's News

WWE on TV:


BBC presenter Greg James (Pictured) has released his documentary on becoming a WWE star. It is available to view in the UK, via the BBC I-Player. The show is called 'Superstar Wrestlers.'



LU lose top star:


Prince Puma is reportedly through with Lucha Underground, but he contractually will not be able to join WWE until next year at the very earliest.


Internet star wants WWE role:


Sajad Gharibi, who is being billed as the Persian Hulk, due to his physique, has declared his ambitions to make it to WWE.


Brock Lesnar:


Brock's UFC opponent says he plans to use the WWE man as a stepping stone to bigger things...

"I was trying to get to a title shot, I'm trying to get a top five guy now and make my run for this title. I'm only doing what I'm told, the boss is saying you've gotta fight Lesnar I said, "Okay cool, that's fine.' It's not my call then. It's a fight and his comeback so I'll send him back to pro wrestling."


CM Punk blasts WWE, talks return to wrestling:


"Back in I want to say, 2011, my contract was up and they were trying to re-sign me and they were trying to re-sign me for lowball figures. It's what they do to the guys. They're indentured servants. They try to pay them the smallest amount of money you could possibly pay them. There's no health insurance. You're responsible for your own travel, your own hotels, your own food on the road. You're home once a day, maybe. I did that 10 years to get to the WWE and then I did it 10 years there, so my gas tank was empty in that regard."

He went on to share his sadness that his friend Daniel Bryan had to stop doing what he loved, but advised that there is more to life than ''Silly'' pro wrestling. He then shared his thoughts on his own wrestling future, confessing that he may come back, but that he will never work for WWE again...

"No, I don't think so. But it is one of those "never say never" things. I like to cover all my bases, just so some internet dweeb is going to be like, 'you said you'd never wrestle again!' But WWE? No. Absolutely not. But you never know, I could pop up here and there. Let me explain that to you even better... it's not going to even be televised, it's going to be me in a ninja f--king outfit wrestling one of my buddies and nobody's ever going to know. It's going to be very 'Monty Python' so to speak."


SmackDown SPOILERS!!!:



  • Alberto Del Rio vs Apollo Crews vs Cesaro vs Sheamus, for a shot at the US title.
  • Rusev vs the winner of the previous match.
  • Billie Kay (NXT) vs Dana Brooke.
  • Wyatt Family vs Two Jobbers.
  • Sasha Banks vs Summer Rae.
  • Dean Ambrose vs The Miz.

WWE ran a skeleton crew for the taping, and it was poorly attended.


Eden:


Brandi Rhodes has returned to modelling work this week.


Kenta:


Hideo Itami is finally ready to return to NXT, after a year on the bench.


Raw:


Titus O'Neil will get a shot at the US title on Raw next week.


Wyatt's dropped:


ESPN pulled a planned interview with the Wyatt family this week. They instead played a tribute to a recently deceased sports star.


WWE outreach:


Darren Young has visited a survivor of the terror attack in Florida today.

Heath Slater has set up a GoFundMe for people affected by flooding in his home state of West Virginia.


Bubba vs Rock:


Bubba Dudley used The Rock's mum to get heel heat at a live last night. He tweeted Rock to boast about his actions.


Cameron:


Cameron has landed her first acting gig since leaving WWE. A TV commercial.


TNA employee takes ill:


TNA's transport manager Bob Rosen suffered a heart attack at their last taping. He was rushed to hospital in a seriously bad way.


Stephanie honoured:


Stephanie McMahon has been named as one of the 30 most powerful women in sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment