Saturday, June 11, 2016

Today's News

Nikki retires:


Nikki Bella has been forced to retire her 'Rack attack' finisher because of her neck injury.



NXT UK:


WWE have taken their NXT brand to the Download festival in the UK, for this weekends music event. Baron Corbin also made the trip, to headline the card.


TNA legend Bobby Roode wrestled his first WWE match on day two of the gig. Finn Balor and former British footballer Hugo Knox worked Tag champs The Revival in the main. 


Dusty Rhodes:


Today is the first anniversary of the death of the iconic Dusty Rhodes.



Cody Rhodes vs WWE:


Cody Rhodes first match outside of WWE will be against a WWE star. Johnny Gargano of NXT will meet the former Stardust on August 19, for Evolve.



WWE old boy at PC:


Scotty 2 Hotty has been coaching at the WWE PC this week.



TNA sold:


It is being reported that Aroluxe have bought the rights to TNA, and have taken control of the roster payroll. However, the names ''TNA'' and ''Impact'' still, at this stage, belong to Panda, and Dixie Carter is still the majority shareholder. Aroluxe will though be producing the promotion for the next five years.



Jeff vs Shane:


Jeff Hardy wants to come back to WWE to headline WrestleMania, and end his career. He says he wants to top what Shane did at this years event. He also alluded to his retirement coming soon...


"I know I'm getting close to the end. I can feel my body telling me something. I don't know how much longer I've got, and naturally I would love to end with a WrestleMania and I would love to have a Hell in a Cell. That's something I've always wanted to do, and I've always wanted to headline 'Mania."


Brock Lesnar:


Brock Lesnar says he will be fighting as a Canadian at UFC 200, not his birth nationality, which is American. Lesnar now lives in Canada.



Triple H:


Triple H is also in the UK at Download, where he was presented with the 'Spirit Of Lemmy' award, by Megadeath. He is the first recipient.

No comments:

Post a Comment