Sunday, February 23, 2014

Today's News

Tonight is Elimination Chamber, and I will be doing a live PPV comms, so tune in.


Kaitlyn:


Here is a tease of Kaitlyn's first post WWE shoot interview...



WWE Network:


Stephanie McMahon has urged cable companies to continue showing WWE PPV events, to give fans the best possible access to it's content, promised that WWE talent will be paid well and fairly for use of their image on the Network, and that, they do not have plans to take Raw and SmackDown onto the Network, but added that, that may change. (Possibly a thinly veiled threat to TV companies?).


WWE angry at website:


WWE are not happy that TMZ reported that Hulk Hogan was at the WWE PC a couple of days ago, they were hoping to keep his return, planned for Monday, a secret.


CM Punk:


CM Punk made his first public appearance at last night's UFC event, he then went to a party with former WWE Diva Eve and her partner.

Also on a positive note, friends of the former champion say they believe Vince McMahon will be able to talk Punk into returning to the company in time for WrestleMania 30.


Sami Zayn:


Sami Zayn no showed a fan meet and greet in Florida last night.


NFL star makes wrestling debut:


Quinn Ojinnaka, a one time WWE target, had his first wrestling match for DGUSA last night,

Dixie Carter talks becoming TV character:


''From the beginning, I think people just assumed I would step in and become a character, and I did resist it for a long period of time. This year they came to me and said, "We feel if we could tie some of our younger, newer talent to you [on the show] that it would really, really help them." It was something that I didn't jump at. I really was a little concerned about being able to pull it off, honestly. I'm becoming more and more comfortable with it as time goes by.''

New Tron:


Titus O'Neill's new entrance video has been released...



Elimination Chamber:


AJ Lee vs either Cameron or Natalya for the Diva's Championship is penciled in as an extra match for tonight's card, time allowing.

Insiders say CM Punk, Hulk Hogan, The Undertaker and Jimmy Hart are NOT backstage. At least 3 will be on Raw tomorrow.


Rift healing:


Goldberg tweeted good wishes to Scott Hall yesterday, possibly ending a long standing, and bitter feud between the two men...

"Hopefully he's a changed man. Happy for him...(can't believe I said that)"

Botched angle revealed:


Brock Lesnar looked set to take Christian's Elimination Chamber spot at tonight's PPV, however Kane accidentally announcing that Lesnar was going to be at the show has killed the angle. Christian may still be taken out of the bout, but WWE insiders say Lesnar will NOT be the man to take his position.


Mick Foley writes letter to WWE:


"DEAR WWE,

Please, please, please, please, have a great show tonight.

As a fan of pro-wrestling – have a great show.

As a father of four who has ordered every PPV for the past year – have a great show.

As the guy whose big Christmas present to his family was a family trip to New Orleans for Wrestlemania, even though he knew he wasn't likely to appear on the event – have a great show.

On behalf of all those other dads or moms who have done the same thing; spent considerable money on an event that thus far is not capturing our imaginations – have a great show.

As a Disney fan who wouldn't want to arrive at the Magic Kingdom just to find out all his favorite attractions were closed – have a great show.

As someone who still remembers how it felt to be 18 years old and see Jimmy Snuka dive off the top of the cage - to see the magic pro-wrestling was capable of creating - and knows you have the ability and personnel to make people feel that same magic - have a great show.

As the estranged son who still loves his WWE family, and, no matter what, in some strange way, always will – have a great show.

Sincerely,

Mick Foley"

Hall Of Famer in medical emergency:


Jake The Snake Roberts has revealed he has been diagnosed with cancer, and needs to undergo emergency surgery to remove a large cist behind his knee.

He goes under the knife om Tuesday, and says he will be at WrestleMania, to accept his HOF induction, no matter what.


R-Truth talks new album:


''I've spoken already with Juvenile. I'm in talks right now with DMX and MGK. I spoke a little bit with E-40 about doing something but thats not confirmed yet, but I'm still working on features. I already got John Cena on two tracks and thats banging already, so expect that.''

WWE DVD:


The full contents of Signature sounds has been released, and is on our Facebook, along with the cover art.


Kamala interview:


On Andre The Giant...

"Andre wasn't the friendly guy that he appeared to be. He was real temperamental and had a nasty attitude. When I first started working with him, he called me a (derogatory) name in the ring and I beat him up. After that, I never had another problem with him. A lot of (top guys had problems with Andre too). He would just go out and mop the floor with people. He treated (wrestlers) nasty, and the fans too. Andre would do it just about every night. Guys would watch through the curtain to see what he was going to do."

On Hulk Hogan...

"We had a lot of good matches and drew a lot of fans all over. Working with Hogan was easy and a treat. I loved working with him."

On WWE racism...

"In Summerslam 92, I had one of my biggest matches against the Undertaker. He made a half million dollars and I made 13 (thousand). There was a lot of racism in the WWE. I remember so many times when I was there, I would get there early and find me a nice dressing room; the agents would (kick me out and) let (the white stars) have the dressing room. When I went out to the ring, I was a superstar; backstage I was a nothing."

On The Undertaker...

"I love the Undertaker. If I see him on TV, I'll stop and watch. I love his gimmick, and I like him. He's a respectable man and I got along real good with him, and I love his work."

Then a  very controversial attack on WWE chief Vince McMahon...

He accuses McMahon of forcing wrestlers to perform sexual acts on him to get away with drugs fails, and says pedophilia was also an issue within the company...

"Vince McMahon has certain people that he will pay. If you get along with Vince, do him sexual favors, you'll get along good with him. But if you just (do your job and) mind your own business, then he doesn't like you for some reason. There was a lot of men with men in those days and even men with boys. I know a lot of guys that (failed drug tests) and it was documented that they passed, and I know what they did."

No comments:

Post a Comment