Thursday, March 17, 2022

 

Briscoe sorry:


After reports AEW has no interest in picking up the Briscoes' after taking over ROH, Jay has again apologized for his past comments on the LGBTQ community...


“I want to say, thank you to the people who really know…we get labeled as homophobes. I put out a stupid tweet nine years ago, the most dumbest, immature, obnoxious s--t I’ve ever done. I don’t want anybody, from any walk of life, to feel like they can’t care for the Briscoes because I promise we love everybody. We love everybody and we just want to go out there and be pro wrestlers and give the best match that we can. I said some dumb s--t a long time ago, I apologized for it and I’ll apologize for it again. It was stupid. I feel like now there are people who look at us like ‘we can’t cheer for them because they hate a certain group of people.’ We don’t hate nobody. We love everybody. We’re just some country boys. I thought I was taking a stand for the Lord back in the day.”

Death interaction:


Bret Hart and Kevin Nash have shared this interaction on social media about the regularity of deaths of wrestlers...


BH...


“Wrestling life can be so much fun, and at the same time, it can take all you have at the same time. We’ve lost so many wrestlers from my era, and this is just one more to a list that’s far too long. I won’t blame any one thing, but I do believe that if the days of wrestling 300 days a year had been kinder and more considerate, if we could’ve been home with our loved ones more, many of my old friends and brothers would still be here. I think Scott would smile to know that so many people really loved him and will truly miss him. One more wrestler. A fine machine gone too soon. My thoughts and prayer go out to his family, friends, and loved ones.”


KN...


“We just had this conversation. I agree 100% the meat grinder hasn’t been kind to the crews that ran 300 plus days. The mental and physical pain of those years scar hard and deep but the men that I shared my life with were such a special breed and many life long friends. Thank you for the kind words about Scott. I love you Bret, honored to call you my friend.”


Regal's health:


William Regal has talked more about his health. He told Chris Jericho about a calcified lump that took 4 hours to remove from his neck, and that he is losing his vision in one eye, he currently only sees grey on that side, and suffers with amnesia from an eye injury.


WWE  live in the UK confirmed:


WWE are hosting a premium event in the UK on September 4th this year. They have not yet confirmed the name or location, but this is likely too late to be the speculated SummerSlam in Cardiff, although The Principality Stadium is still the likely venue for the show.


Why I'm quitting:


Joey Janela says backstage politics are the reason he has decided not to re-sign a deal with AEW.


New game:


The makers of WrestleQuest have announced several HOF'er's, including Andre, Jake and Macho for their retro looking Role Playing adventure game. The game is scheduled for release in the summer.


WWE lawsuit:


Settlement talks between WWE and the former head of XFL have stalled, and it looks like the case will go to court in July.


Finn Balor:


Finn Balor says the visa issues which kept him away from WWE earlier this year are now resolved, and he is good to go for the next decade.


Hall Of Fame:


Undertaker says he was offered HOF induction after his loss of the streak, but he refused to end his career on a match he could not remember...

“This is actually the second time that I was invited to the Hall Of Fame, so I wasn’t as shocked this time. I turned it down the first time because I knew I had unfinished business. I wasn’t at that place yet where I was ready to let go and say that it’s over. So, this time I have made my peace, and I am just honored and humbled that they would induct me.”

New recruits:


A new batch of stars of the future have started at the PC today, including Santino Marella's daughter.

 

DX Film:


Billy Gunn says he has just finished filming for a new A&E documentary on the Hall Of Fame inducted faction. He thanked Tony Khan for allowing him to take part.

New Champion:


Thunder Rosa is the new AEW Women's champion.

No comments:

Post a Comment