Sunday, August 4, 2019

WWE star driven offline, WWE accused of allowing racism at their show, WWE games, Top star rebuffs AEW, and more...

WWE star driven off social media after attacking fans:


Kayla Braxton's decision to chastise fans for being critical of the WWE product did not go down well with the fans she was admonishing...

"Ever start a movie and quickly realize how bad it is, but finish it anyway? I just did that. But here's what I won't do - call the movie out cuz I'd hate to insult people on something they created when I have zero knowledge or skill on movie making. Some of you should take a note."

The post went down so badly that she has decided to take a break from social media.


Racist incident at NXT show:


WWE have been accused of being soft on racism after an incident on the NXT live tour last night. A fan threw out a Nazi salute during the entrance of German wrestler Marcel Barthel. Barthel was less than impressed and called him out when he hit the ring. He, and others in the match, called for the fan to be removed, and he was... briefly. He was taken away during that match, but was allowed back in after, and stayed for the rest of the show.


NXT taking Progress:


The co-owner of Progress has left the company. Jim Smallman had been part of the promotion from the start, but has had his head turned by WWE. He has been working on the NXT UK show in recent weeks, and it is speculated that is where he will be going.


WWE games:


Roman Reigns and Becky Lynch will share the poster art for this years WWE video game.


Top star rebuffed AEW offer:


Not every available wrestler is hankering after a spot on the new kid on the blocks roster. Nick Aldis says he refused to join the company out of loyalty to NWA...

"I'll tell you the truth: I was made an offer by AEW. I counter-offered with, 'I'd like to be able to do both.' I'd like to work with them because obviously I have great admiration for Cody and the Bucks for what they've been able to do. But I wasn't prepared to walk away from the two years of work I've done with the NWA. And that was that. I left it open with, 'If you can find a way to keep doing this and do your show, I'll do your show.'''


Cass illness explained:


Big Cass says alcoholism and depression caused his recent seizure...

"I feel like not enough people talk about it, especially in sports or wrestling. If you suffer from depression, you bury that deep, deep down and you don't let anybody see it, or you don't talk about it. It's the worst thing you can do. Everybody's embarrassed or there's a stigma out there that you're weak, or that you're a 'p--sy.' So you don't say anything, and you keep it to yourself, and you don't go seek help. Whether that's talk therapy or cognitive behavioral therapy, or see a psychiatrist, or whatever it is… people don't do it, and then that just leads to disaster."

No comments:

Post a Comment