Saturday, August 17, 2019

New champs, Alum ill, Has Sheamus retired?, Edge ready to wrestle, and more...

Rousey re-cast:


Ronda Rousey has secured a regular role in 9-1-1, as a firefighter.


New champs:


Undisputed Era have recaptured the NXT Tag gold. The change was taped this week for an episode in September, but leaked, so WWE confirmed it on their own site.


Theme makes charts:


Bray Wyatt's new theme song has made it onto the online music charts. It is number 2 in the movie and TV soundtracks section of ITunes and number 26 on the Amazon top 200.


Fan dies:


Titus O'Neil has recalled the death of one of his young fans...

"I guess probably three weeks prior to him passing away, I didn't, obviously none of us expected it, because he was doing so well, but his birthday … I remember it like it was yesterday. I was in Albany, New York. This was before the brand split. We used to have to go to both RAW and SmackDown television. I wasn't slated to do anything on TV, and so I wanted to surprise him with, I have some 24-carat headphones on when I was Face-Timing with him, and he's, "Oh, those are really nice headphones." I was going to send them to him that Monday, but something just told me, "Hey, just go down and surprise him for his birthday," which was that Monday night. I didn't have anything to do for Tuesday, so I asked Michael Hayes and Vince and Triple H if I could fly down. I gave them the reason as to why, and they, without hesitation, told me yes. Three weeks later, I get the phone call that he's gone. His mom called me about 30 minutes after that and said, "You know, I don't know how I'm going to get through this. You're the only person I know that could possibly help us get through this. Would you mind officiating the funeral?" I was like, I've never done that in my entire life, and I don't like funerals. I've only gone to three in my entire life, much like hospitals. Now I go to hospitals, and I don't have issues, but I used to have an issue going to hospitals, because my grandmother died in a hospice from breast cancer. I watched her erode away. It was just very difficult for me to go to the doctor's office or a hospital for a while, much like a funeral home. But we went. I flew up and I did it. I was so proud and happy that I did. It just gave me a whole other perspective on how powerful people can be regardless of race, religion, or background. When you're just being a good human being, people will gravitate to you. They will love you. They will embrace you. They will celebrate you. Then they also want you to be in their corner as well when they need you the most. I was very happy and fortunate enough to have the opportunity to be one of those people for them at a time that they needed somebody the most."


Vampiro ill:


Vampiro has launched a GoFundMe in the hopes of raising $22,000 to save his life, as the toll Alzheimer's Disease is taking on him, builds by the day. He plans to use the money for stem cell treatment.


Sheamus confirms status:


Sheamus has confirmed that he is not retired, but is battling to get healthy enough to return to the ring, and has lost more than 40lbs during his time away.


King Of The Ring:


WWE have released the full bracket for this years tournament (Photo).


Taker UK:


Undertaker has been confirmed for a comic con in Scotland in October.


Edge ready to wrestle:


Edge says he could return to the ring tomorrow, but for WWE medical...

"To be perfectly honest, I think I could do a match tomorrow. And I might be blown up, but I'd be okay. It's just from what I know with the WWE medical staff, they won't allow it."


NXT to TV:


WWE and USA are trying to rush through a TV deal for the third brand to air on the USA network, before AEW debut's on TNT in October. Frantic talks have been ongoing for the past 48 hours to try to get something done ASAP.


Indie cleared:


Britt Baker has been cleared from her concussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment