Thursday, September 21, 2017

Today's News

Media going after racist WWE:


A reporter from the Washington Post is working on an expose on the racist themes of WWE gimmicks. She has asked for anyone offended by this weeks ''Mr. Miyagi'' comment to get in touch with her to aid her article. Other outlets have already criticised the promo, which was scripted by the office, as lazy and unnecessary. One took particular displeasure to Jinder Mahal using the letter ''R'' instead of ''L'' (A stereotypical jibe about Asians not being able to say the letter ''L'') when mocking Shinsuke Nakamura. He had said ''You rook rike Mr. Miyagi.''

WWE have released a statement defending the angle...

"Just like many other TV shows or movies, WWE creates programming with fictional personalities that incorporates real world issues and sensitive subjects. As a producer of such TV shows, WWE Corporate is committed to embracing and celebrating individuals from all backgrounds as demonstrated by the diversity of our employees, performers and fans worldwide."


Nia upset with TD:


Nia Jax has called Total Divas out for photo-shopping a graphic of her on the next series poster.


Horsewomen to collide:


A creative leak from WWE has confirmed WWE are interested in a battle of the 4 horsewomen of NXT and MMA. Survivor Series is the likeliest host of the bout as the wrestlers are split by the brand draft, so it would need to be a joint event.


WWE denial:


WWE have rubbished stories that Vince McMahon pre-bladed before his spot with Kevin Owens last week.


Paige branded:


WWE are working on Paige's return angle, which will be for the SmackDown brand.


Roman reveals wardrobe malfunction:


"The funny thing is, my zipper literally broke like two minutes before I was walking out (On Raw). Usually I do a last-minute check. Do I have boogers in my nose? Any like weird hair conditioner on my ears? Is my zipper up? I kind of push and normally you'll check your zipper to make sure the teeth are right in place. I actually pushed right through it. The actual zipper handle popped off, and once that happens, you have to go out there in two minutes. It's not like I'm just wearing trunks or something. I've got blousing straps at the bottom, and I would have to take everything off in order to get new pants on. John being John, if anything presents itself, which I feel is fair game if it's there to take it, and he did. Luckily, that's one thing of just over the years going back and forth in locker rooms, I have a quick rebuttal with little things like that. It was just something that, thank God I was ready for it, but really he shocked me in bringing up. I thought I had it closed up the whole time but apparently not. I was peaking at him, I guess."


Injury:


Tian Bing is out with an un-specified injury.


Konnan talks heat with WWE:


"The Max Moon thing is very easy. When I had met Vince McMahon, I told him about this idea I saw in Japan for this animated robot. He was like, 'Alright, we'll do it,' and we did. "I had done this soap opera and rap record and it was doing good. I had crossed over into the mainstream and I was a big draw as a wrestler, I was getting paid. So when I went to TV, I was like, 'Bro, I'm the man in Mexico, why am I coming to WWE?' So I stopped going. Paul Diamond told Vince that he could fit into the outfit, and he could, so they gave him the persona. From then, supposedly I had this incredible heat, but when I've seen Vince backstage it's, 'Hey, what's up Konnan?' Stephanie, everybody. When they don't want you there, they let you know. I know that they've even stopped people from actually being in the dressing room, they've never done that to me. So I'm not sure if the heat is still there or what the deal is, but that's the story."

No comments:

Post a Comment