Friday, May 5, 2017

Today's News

Multiple changes on PPV day:


The result of the Raw Women's title match at Payback was changed 4 times on the weekend of the event, three of which were on the day.

Neville vs Austin Aries was also changed on the day, from a clean Neville 'V' to a dq the other way.


WWE explosion at Impact:


Paige and Alberto Del Rio had a huge, blown-out of proportion, argument at this weeks Impact taping.


Bray Wyatt reveals inspiration for gimmick:


"It was the storytelling and stuff like that. I've always been a huge fan of horror movies. I like the feeling of the thrill and I've always been attached to those movies, so naturally, the progression was once I started watching wrestling, it was the characters that always caught my eye. Like, one of my earliest memories of this was Papa Shango and The Ultimate Warrior and Papa Shango having the nasty black ooze coming at Ultimate Warrior with the voodoo. And I think that's the type of stuff that really sticks in my head."


JoMo reveals why he quit:


"That was one of the reasons I left. I was always having all these ideas… Like every week I'd pitch something like, 'I want to have a tanning bed match with Shamus, loser gets locked in a tanning bed.' "No." I understand why that would be a no. I want to have a Porto Potty match with the Miz, to win you have to close someone in the Porto Potty and knock it over. I pitched these. I pitched all these ideas. It makes sense why you couldn't do them… I pitched the tanning bed idea to Vince (McMahon) and he laughed at it. I don't know if he even thought I was serious. Mundo in Vince McMahon's voice, "Ha ha ha Shamus is pale ha." I wanted him (Shamus) to come out looking like Brother Love covered in that red stuff."


WWE women's tourney:


WWE are going through contracts with the 32 women to compete in this years summer tournament. Taping is planned to go from late July to August 29.


Vickie Guerrero ready for the call:


''I get that bug every once in awhile. I look in the ring and think – God I just want to be in there for one moment, one more time – so never say never. If Vince ever called and said "We need you again Guerrero" my answer would simply be – When? That adrenaline can only be found in the ring.''


Hardyz tried to poach announcer:


The Hardyz tried to get Jeremy Borash to make the jump with them, to WWE, but loyalty to Impact kept him from doing so.


Photo:


Congratulations on 11 years with WWE to Alicia Fox.

No comments:

Post a Comment