Thursday, May 18, 2017

Today's News

Del Rio talks future:


"I'm planning on retiring in two years. I'm still good to go and I don't have any major injuries, but I always promised myself I would leave on top. I started wrestling when I was eight years old with the amateur wrestling team in Mexico. I love the business with all my heart, but my body is getting tired. It's all the travel. I'm going to do my last two years with Impact Wrestling. I'll continue to do some indie shows here and there, and I have a lot of projects outside the business. I am going to continue running Combate Americas, the MMA company that I work for, and I am going to start a soap opera in Mexico in two months. We also have a reality show produced by Combate Americas that was sold to Amazon. People should be able to see that in three more months. I opened a restaurant and bar in San Antonio in November. We are the place to go on Fridays and Saturdays. God is blessing me. I'm getting married pretty soon. We changed the date twice, but we're getting married in the last week of July, so I am keeping very busy outside the business."


NXT:


Eric Young vs Roderick Strong has been added to the next special.


Miz on TV:


The Miz is hosting on ESPN this week.


John Cena:


John Cena has announced a speaking tour of Australia in July.


Heat on Shane:


Shane McMahon says the Undertaker's mother was mad at him for their match at Mania 32...

"I got heat for that from his mom! Oh my God! I got heat from that. It happened. I did. I tatered the hell out of him. But that was the week before, the go-home WrestleMania in Brooklyn [New York] and something went awry. We were throwing hands and we were outside. I went to hit him with the monitor or something and it was stuck, so, all of a sudden, he sits up and I'm like, 'well, he's a big dude.' I was like, 'what am I going to do?' So I panicked a little bit. I didn't quite get my range, so I wasn't completely looking at him and I went 'whack!' And I stuck it out there and I felt it. It went, 'thunk!' I went, 'oh my God!' I saw his eyes roll back into his head for a minute. He looked at me, and as soon as I saw that trickle of blood come down, I went, 'I'm dead.' So what do I do? I quickly get on him and whack, whack, whack. 'I may as well get them in now and give him a couple of extra!'"


An offer he can't refuse:


A UK promoter has offered CM Punk a million $ to work a tournament this summer in Liverpool, but is getting stonewalled...

"We've been trying to contact CM Punk on and off for well over a year. We wanted him on the first show we did in Edinburgh in 2015. I've tried going through friends in the industry, I've gone through his website and sent dozens of emails but the opportunity has never been this big. We want to offer CM Punk $1 million dollars (£770,000) to come and join the 5 Star Wrestling tour starting June 10th. It's a genuine offer. We'd love to hear back from the man himself. We want to do this with him."


WWE still paying:


WWE are still paying Mauro Ranallo's wages, hoping to stay on good terms, with a view to him coming back before his deal ends in August.


Mania celeb to MMA:


UFC and Conor McGregor have signed a deal to finally host the long talked about fight between the Irishman and boxing legend Floyd Mayweather, but the boxer is dragging his feet and has not yet put pen to paper on the deal.


Old girl retiring:


Ariel says she will fulfill her last couple of bookings and will then retire. She says she is depressed at seeing the success the man that got her fired from her dream job in WWE, Batista, is having, and wants to move away from the sport.


Dean Ambrose reveals he almost missed Mania:


"I'm big into mounting biking. I actually crashed my mountain bike about a week ago very badly. I thought I was going to die. I fell over the handlebars, full on ninja roll, I flew like 8ft into the air. I thought I probably shouldn't be doing this a week before WrestleMania. You have to immediately get back on. I crashed on a downhill, you have to just continue. If you stop and think about it too long you'll psych yourself out."


Jinder says he did not like idea for push:


"Vince had rewritten my promo. The original promo was something totally different, so when I finished calling the match, one of the writers was like, 'hey, Vince changed your promo.' I was like, 'okay, bring it to me. Please bring it to me.' So they [brought] it to me and I had read the American comment and I was like, 'ah, I like the old promo better.' Like, it was like something like, 'I tried being peaceful, but nobody was listening. But now I have all you guys', everyone's, attention. I beat five of SmackDown's very best and I did it all alone.' Something like that. It was just like a regular heel promo, but the new one was like, 'you Americans this and that.' And I was like, 'argh, man, I don't think we should go there. Like, but I'm like, 'but whatever. Vince wrote it. It's okay.' But I did it and the reaction I got, I was like, 'oh man, Vince is a genius!' He knows exactly what's going to draw the most heat."


Heat on Lana:


WWE Alum Melina was critical of Sasha Banks on social media this week, and Lana liked her comments. This has led to some of the women's locker room starting a ''Block Lana'' campaign on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment