Thursday, August 25, 2016

Today's News

Raw star to go far:


Backstage higher ups are again raving about the potential of Big Cass. It sounds as though they have big plans for him, in the not too distant future.



Slam match nixed:


WWE had Kalisto and Baron Corbin attend SummerSlam, with plans to give them a quick match on the card, but with an already packed line up, they did not have time to put them on.



Reigns ban changed plans:


WWE Raw were originally going to get the top WWE World title, and SmackDown would have had the new Universal title. The match to decide which title went where was set to be between Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns at SummerSlam, but Roman's ban greatly changed things.



PPV changes:


In other changes to the planned angles, Finn Balor will not now be able to have his first Universal title defense against Kevin Owens at Clash Of The Champions, or a follow up defense vs Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens in a triple threat Hell In A Cell match at the following Raw special.



Alum ill:


Michelle McCool has had surgery to remove a patch of skin cancer from her back.



Brock vs Orton:


The match result did happen as it was planned. A back and forth match designed to make both men look as strong as possible, for as long as possible... but... Brock Lesnar did shoot on Orton. He assured Orton he could use his hands and elbows to cause a graze on Orton enough to have him bleed, without hurting him. He did not, he elbowed him hard, and then followed up with a series of brutal hard shots, causing a cut so deep he needed 10 staples to close it. The referee also stopped the match because of the blood loss, which was not the originally scripted ending. Orton was supposed to be KO'd by the beat down, and the ref then deems him unable to continue.



Team named:


The Authors Of Pain have been given their individual names. Rezer and Akam.



Alum critical of Seth Rollins:


Lance Storm says some of what Seth Rollins does is too dangerous, and is unnecessary for someone as talented as he is...


"When your moves have a high risk but the risk is on you, I don't mind it as much. But when you're throwing guys backwards, the risk is all on him and I don't like stuff like that. I didn't like it when Sting took the buckle-bomb, and I don't like it when other guys take the buckle bomb."


Rocky rich:


The Rock is the worlds highest paid actor.


Ricochet making his mind up:


Ricochet says he is in two minds about returning to LU, or holding out in the hopes of a WWE approach...

"Obviously, I'd love to go experience and do the WWE experience, but honestly Lucha is going really good too, so it is a hard decision, but I've got some decisions to make right now. I mean, like, right now, I'm in a position where decisions are needing to be made, so it's actually something that [has] been on my mind here recently. I think I've already made my decision, which one I want to do, if that gives you some suspense, I guess. I think I've already made my mind up, like, which one I want to do. Definitely between now and 2017 some decisions are going to have to be made and stuff's going to have to happen, so I'm just hoping for the best."

No comments:

Post a Comment