Saturday, January 23, 2016

Today's News

NXT signing:


William Regal announced that Austin Aries has signed an NXT deal on the third of last nights pre taped episodes of NXT. The former TNA champ was assaulted by Baron Corbin before making it to the ring for his first promo as a WWE man.



DeMott returns:


Bill DeMott was in the crowd at last nights NXT tapings.



Natalya reveals decision that could end her career:


Nattie Neidhart says a long standing issue with her eye is starting to make her consider having the surgery that would fix the problem, but would likely end her ring career...


''When both of my eyes are open I can see well, but the left eye is the one that gives me problems. If I close my right eye, I can only see 20 percent out of my left. It does bother me, I thought I could get it fixed, but I realised it's not that easy. There are times when my eye won't be the best and I wish my vision was a little stronger, but I'm ok. It does scare me, though, I don't want to get a lazy eye or get blind from it, but at the same time I'm just dealing with it one day at a time because if I do fix it, I might not be able to go back to wrestling.''

She also updated Tyson Kidd's recovery...

''TJ's injury was so severe compared to mine, he is doing ok. His recovery is a long, long process. We're just so grateful we've had great doctors to work with and TJ is so strong mentally. He's been wrestling for twenty years and it is his second injury. To be wrestling for as long as we have and to have so few injuries, it's pretty shocking for him. He's taking it really well, and every single day I think he gets physically stronger.''


TNA vs WWE:


AJ Styles' agent says AJ Styles, Doc Gallows, and Karl Anderson agreed to, but had not yet signed, three year deals with TNA, and decided not to honour their commitment over the Christmas period, when WWE interest emerged.


TNA officials have admitted ''Frustration'' with the situation, but stopped short of promising legal action. That is though something that is under consideration at board room level.

It is also being speculated that TNA released their statement when they did to try to keep AJ Styles out of the Royal Rumble. They reportedly believe WWE would not want bad publicity surrounding one of their major events.


Alum teases HOF announcement:


Brutus The Barber says he is in talks with WWE...


"I'm confident it will happen. I am in various Hall of Fames around the world. It is always nice to be appreciated for my accomplishments. As for the WWE Hall of Fame? I'm confident it will happen... In fact, sooner rather than later. I don't want to give anything away but I think there are some things in the works."


Booker T talks surviving in WWE:


"I was prepared for that and a lot of those WCW guys were not prepared for what we were getting ready to expect and that was to get beaten up, bruised, battered, and torn. And if you didn't have tough skin, you were not going to last very long there. It was about raising the WWE flag by winning the war. It was about shutting Ted Turner's group down. I knew that. I understood that. It's just the way life is, coming from WCW, I wanted to prove to the WWE guys in the locker room that I was worthy of being there. I wanted to be a part of the group. I wanted to be part of the team. I wasn't just coming there and I didn't want to bring my accolades from WCW and say, 'hey guys, I'm here now. Accept me. I'm the five-time champ.' Naw, I wanted to go out there and say, 'hey guys, I'm going to pull my weight.' And I did that. It was maybe a year and a half or so before Undertaker came and said, 'hey Book, come over here and dress with us in the WWE locker room.'"



Xavier Woods reveals WWE locker room joker:


He says Neville is the funny man in the modern day WWE locker room...


"He's absolutely hilarious. Probably one of the funnier people in the locker room, especially when we're playing games like Rocket League. He'll beat you and just harass you for hours. It's hilarious, but lots of people don't know about it. If they saw it, it'd be over because he's so funny."


TNA star flashes on TV:


Jessie Godderz appeared on ''The View'' and flashed the all female hosts of the programme. He did so facing away from the camera, and wearing a towel, covering his rear.



New foreign object:


Indie star Connor Braxton used a Hoverboard to perform a giant swing this weekend, during a match for AAW.



In heat star to Rumble:


Some of WWE's roster are pushing for Josh of Tough Enough to be put into the Royal Rumble match, where he can be punished for his Twitter outburst vs the Social Outcasts. The plan is to ''Haze'' him, as was done to Daniel Puder in 2005.



Hart family member ill:


Smith Hart has revealed he has bone and prostate cancer.



WWE fans vote:


WWE fans have voted who they would like to see return in the Rumble, and Goldberg is dominating the vote with 34%. More than Steve Austin, The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels.



Milestone for Steph:


Stephanie McMahon has garnered one million Instagram followers.



Death:


The Mongolian Stomper died today aged 79. He died in his sleep after surgery, following a fall, but had also been battling with Alzheimer's.

No comments:

Post a Comment