Friday, October 9, 2015

Today's News

It's all I've got:


Hulk Hogan says he believes he has been removed from the WWE Hall Of Fame, but he will never give up his HOF ring, as it is the only thing he has left to show for his wrestling career...

"That's my whole career to me, that Hall of Fame ring, so that's all I've got left, brother, so I'm hanging onto it. That Hall of Fame ring is my life and it's just so sad that I've been taken out of the Hall of Fame and I don't have a presence anymore in the wrestling business. But I'm going to cherish that Hall of Fame ring."


Ghosts vs WWE:


Dolph Ziggler is the second star to share a supernatural encounter for a new Network show. He discussed a spooky slobberknocker that happened when he was a child.


NXT SPOILERS!!!:


Apollo Crews won a battle royal to earn a shot at the NXT title last night, and James Storm made a shock debut beating Danny Burch, unusually for WWE, during a press release announcing the news, they acknowledged that he is a former world champion, but did not state that it was with TNA.


Hell In A Cell:


Kevin Owens vs Ryback (IC) has been added to HIAC.


Old boy on TV:


Romeo appeared in a skit on SNL.


New job:


WWE are looking for a right hand assistant to Stephanie McMahon. The job comes with a VP title.



LU return:


Lucha Underground will start taping series 2 on November 14, and will go to air in January.


Henry calls for promotion:


Mark Henry has called on Lita to use her new job to get Bayley onto the main roster.


Actor thanks wrestling fans:


Stephen Amell's show ''Arrow'' scored it's highest viewing figures this week. He credits wrestling fans continuing to support him after his forray into the ring over the summer, for the spike.


The Rock:


The Rock started recording vocals for Disney's Moana today


HOF'er fighting back:


Bruno Sammartino is recovering from back surgery after a recent fall, which also damaged his leg.


Rey wins Santino's gold:


Rey Mysterio is the inaugral champion for the promotion based at Santino Marella's wrestling facility in Canada.


Eric Bischoff interview:


On hating Lex Luger...

"The vibe that he gave me and probably a lot of other people is that he was so full of himself. Like, that Narcissist gimmick that he went to the WWE with wasn't a stretch for him. There was not a lot of acting involved there, not really, I had a lot of resentment towards him because of what happened with Elizabeth. My wife was very friendly with Elizabeth. To me, he didn't mean much, so when he left, I was like 'good riddance - now he's out of my hands."

On bringing him back to WCW...

"It was almost painful for me because I didn't want to shut Sting down, but in my mind, I would rather take an icepick to my thigh than have a conversation with this guy about coming back. I said, 'okay, I'm going to make this guy an offer that I hope he turns down.' And I don't remember what Luger was making when he left WCW, I think it was probably around $750,000 or something like that or $500,000 or something. I don't remember. I offered $150,000. I said, 'okay, if you want to come back, here's $150,000.' And I knew that it was so much less than what he was making. I knew it and that was going to be my out. 'Sorry, Sting, I offered what I could afford and he turned it down' instead of flat out saying 'no'. And Luger accepted it."

On Sting...

"Scott Hall had brought up the Crow character that Brandon Lee played in the movie where he was shot and killed and it was that dark, kind of brooding, scary looking character." Bischoff continued, "and I remember sitting back listening to Scott describe it to Sting and I was watching Sting's eyes just light up because he got it and it resonated with him. I just sat back and let it build because it was really good."

On Starcade '97...

"What had happened over the course of a year is he (Sting) hadn't been working out. He wasn't engaged. He'd show up, he'd do his thing, he would do it very well, it was great, he'd get on a plane the next morning, he'd disappear, and we wouldn't see him for a week." Bischoff continued, "but at the end of our first meeting talking about where things were going, when it was over, Hulk and I both looked at each other and go, 'man, we can't go there. He didn't get ready for this.' It didn't feel to us that this was a priority."


Snuka in court:


Jimmy Snuka has appeared in court this week, and is said to be determined to clear his name once and for all.


Chyna:


Chyna is threatening to take legal action against a Scottish promoter for an appearance in August. He says it was made clear to everyone that their money would be paid in their autograph fees, and that Chyna was the most popular person at the event, meaning she earned more than anyone.


Scotty Riggs talks heat with Nasty Boys:


"The night before Fall Brawl, we got into Ashville and a lot of times people show up for pay per views the day of and I think at the time The Honky Tonk Man didn't want to put over Johnny B. Badd after they already had the finish and they changed the prerequisite that you have to show up the night before to go over finishes and if you disagreed with them you could figure a way out of it. We worked The Nasty Boys and the Nasty Boys were not pissed but didn't want to put us over on The Main Event show. They weren't happy about it and they let us know they were unhappy about it. When I locked up with Saggs to start off the match he put me in the corner and if you ever watch it there are twenty-two unanswered punches and kicks that were live rounds and that was his way of being a little pissed off with the young guy. He said it was just his way of welcoming us to the company but I had two knots on my head and a bruise on my side from where he was kicking me. Randy Anderson, who was the referee was pissed, his partner Brian was pissed about it and Marcus came in and shoved him. It was all Saggs not wanting to put young guys over."


Carlito:


Carlito refused to comment on returning to WWE at an indie last night.


NXT releases:


Devin Taylor and Cal Bishop have reportedly been dropped by WWE today.

No comments:

Post a Comment