Thursday, October 22, 2015

Today's News

Ambrose, Cesaro, Owens talk first day with WWE:


In discussion for a WWE Network show Cesaro, Kevin Owens and Dean Ambrose broached the subject of WWE making them put up posters whilst in developmental, Ambrose particularly hated the task...


"That's stuff you do when you start out. I used to do that when I was 16, but, like, I'm in WWE now. I didn't know I was going to be, like, putting up flyers on telephone polls. There was a big poster with Sheamus just [scowling]. I put up 19. Tyler Breeze put up 400 of them. Just all day, I'm looking at his face, all day, and it's hot. We're in Florida and I'm just growing this hatred for Sheamus as I'm looking at his poster. Just singing his song all day. By the end of it, I'm going to rip off every Sheamus poster. I never want to see his face again."


SmackDown:


WWE are working on major changes for SmackDown in the new year, probably meaning the show will be going live, and the day would most likely be a Tuesday to save on travel, hotel and production costs.



WWE sign MMA man:


Seth Petruzelli will work at the PC three days a week as a striking coach.



GFW:


GFW will crown their first champions at their tapings tomorrow. They will then come to the UK for their first live tour in the country.



Big E. reveals WWE's stiffest workers:


"Sheamus has a reputation for being a little stiff. I'd say Sheamus and Titus O'Neil. Titus O'Neil can mess you up! You gotta protect yourself with Titus!."



WWE vs TNA:


WWE have been criticised for dismissing James Storm's TNA career completely, only referring to him as a 15 year veteran of the indie scene.



Cena's first match:


John Cena's return date has been confirmed to be a US title defense against Sheamus at the MSG Boxing Day live.



New promotion:


Jake The Snake, Tommy Dreamer, Terry Funk and Shane Douglas are teaming up to form a new and unique wrestling promotion.  The promotion is set to start in December after Jake has hip surgery, and will offer it's talent full medical benefits, and retirement packages.



Zeke fights on:


Ezekiel Jackson has denied he has wrestled his last match, and is still taking bookings.



WWE rename talent:


WWE have dropped Dash Wilder's surname, and Scott Dawson's first name, they are now called simply Dash and Dawson.



One and done:


WWE officials are telling hopefuls that fail to get a WWE deal after a tryout to go and make themselves a name on the indie scene, as the chance of them being offered a second trial are extremely slim.



Angle takes the blame:


The long held belief that John Laurinaitis was the man that came up with the finish at WrestleMania 19 is apparently incorrect. Kurt Angle says it was his idea...


"That was my idea, I will take responsibility for Brock doing that. At the time I had to leave [WWE], it really wasn't in the plans for me to drop the title at WrestleMania. I had suffered a broken neck and was going to have surgery, so I wanted to do something that people would remember. I asked Brock to do the Shooting Star Press, which he had done many times in OVW. I just thought it would be a great way to end the show. Unfortunately Brock came up short. I think I was a little too far away, and Brock kinda double guessed before he went. If you ever watched the tape, you'll see he goes, then he kinda stops, then he says screw it. So that hesitation caused him to land on his head. But that was my call, I know that Brock didn't necessarily want to do it, but we did practice it earlier in the week and he was doing it perfectly well, he just got in a situation in the match where he kinda slipped a little bit and that was it. But I can tell you this, fans still remember it!."


Australian Rugby star tries out:


Daniel Vidot took part in a three day try out at the PC this week. He says if WWE choose not to sign him, he will return to his Rugby career.



AJ Styles open to NXT:


"At this point in my career, I'm going to go do what's best for my family and I want to do what's best to provide for them. So, the business that we're in, [if] the business could be better somewhere else, then that's where I'm going to go. That's what I'm going to do. So, like I said, it's a business plan. Wherever the plan takes me, that's where I'll go."



Brodus Clay interview:


On Sunny ruining the HOF...


"From the fan's perspective, it's like what are the qualifications to get in the Hall of Fame anymore? I'm not saying that she didn't deserve... You know what? I'm saying Sunny probably didn't deserve to go [into the WWE Hall of Fame] as far as managers. Just saying. I don't remember anyone going like, 'the incredible insight from Sunny drove us to that victory'," Tyrus continued. "And here's the funny thing, like, it opened the door for a lot of different people that probably wouldn't have gotten into the Hall of Fame."

On bet with CM Punk...

"CM Punk and I, and this is the first time I'll talk about this, we have a bet. We have a $20 bet on the Hall of Fame that Milena Roucka (also known as Rosa Mendes) goes to the Hall of Fame before or at the same time as CM Punk."

On his WWE career crashing to a halt...

"I never questioned anything. If I was told to do something, I just tried to do it to the best of my ability. There were guys that would question things and that probably served them well, but I always had this stupid sense of, 'oh, I'm doing the right thing and I'll be rewarded for it because I'm doing the right thing'," Tyrus admitted. "If they say, 'tonight you're putting such and such over', it shouldn't be an issue because it's about the match and it's about entertaining and getting a chance to be out there."


Mickie James talks WWE return:


"I'd love to go back there again because I loved my time there. I think the answer is always the same, but the ball isn't really in your court. I've been able to leave my mark there and I'm happy and grateful for that. Of course I would go back if they asked me."

No comments:

Post a Comment