Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Today's News

Joe signs up:


Samoa Joe wrestled a match vs Tyson Kidd before Raw last night. The match may appear on this weeks Superstars. He also reportedly signed a full time WWE deal, after impressing everyone since he debuted. Vince McMahon has pushed Triple H to get the deal done, after his merch sales have gone ''Through the roof'' in the short time it has been available, and the WWE were concerned that they may lose him to ROH now that they have their own TV deal. WWE will allow him to fulfill his indy dates, with the possible exception of his ROH bookings, they would not want him to appear on the new ROH TV show, although ROH say he will work the June 20 dates, but seemed to be resigned to the booking being his last for them.



Money In The Bank:


Seth Rollins will defend his WWE title against Dean Ambrose in a ladder match at MITB.



NXT promotion:


The NXT Championship will be defended on WWE TV for the first time at tonight's SmackDown taping. Kevin Owens has issued an open challenge.



Austin vs Lesnar:


Stone Cold Steve Austin interviewed Paul Heyman on the WWE Network last night, and made repeated references to a potential future match between himself and Heyman's client Brock Lesnar. It appears WWE, via the chat, ,are setting the seeds for something down the road, and WrestleMania 32 in Texas would be the most likely stage, should the bout ever happen.



John Cena:


John Cena brought a young fan into the ring after Raw last night. The boy had a sign reading he was beating cancer, and Cena wanted to draw the attention of the crowd to the boy.



Rock Burton:


The Rock has reportedly entered into talks to play the iconic character Jack Burton, in a remake of the John Carpenter classic movie Big Trouble In Little China. He would also produce the film, should he agree.



Goldberg talks to WWE:


"I had a conversation with Paul [Levesque] recently and I said, 'Listen, I'm willing to put everything aside. If you guys want to sit down and make some money and have some fun, then let's do it. My son wants to see me wrestle, and I'm willing to put all the bad feelings aside. If you guys want to move forward and do this thing the right way, then let's talk.' And that's the way it ended. There's nothing there. Truthfully, I don't even think they want me to come, period. I'm just not of them. The fact that I'm not far outweighs the financial gain, which they truly may not even believe is there. And I'm good with that. I'm absolutely fine with that."


He also discussed his HOF chances...

"I don't have a time limit and age is just a number for me. If the Hall of Fame presents itself, then I'll do it in a heartbeat. But it's not something where I sit here and go, 'Man, I wish the WWE would induct me in the Hall of Fame.' I don't think about what I would say in my speech or who would induct me. I don't think about that, by no stretch of the imagination."



NXT:


WWE have added two Indian stars to their developmental programme today. Triple H welcomed the men to Florida.



Kentucky wrestling challenged:


Kentucky politicians are fighting a bill on regulating wrestling in the state. The sport is heavily regulated in the area, after problems which stem from a bleeding incident at a 2010 WWE show, where the promotion were told in advance that the local authority were firmly against it. It is currently illegal for bleeding in combat sports, such as wrestling, boxing and MMA, and the authorities have the right to end any contest, or event, on the spot, should the rules be breached. Officials in the state are determined to overturn the strict rules, as they feel the state is losing millions of dollars in revenue, as WWE tend to avoid visiting them, in favour of other cities, due to being hamstrung by the tight regulations they face, when they are in town.


WWE have declined to comment on what this impending decision could mean, but they are not the only ones affected, indie groups already have to pay fees to appear in the state, and for staffing.


TNA legend refuses HOF induction:


TNA wanted to induct AJ Styles into their HOF at this years Slammiversary, and offered him a return match at the event to seal the deal, he didn't bite, and refused, citing his responsibilities in Japan.



Raw:


Funaki was backstage at last nights Raw.

No comments:

Post a Comment