Friday, June 5, 2015

Today's News

TNA release statement on controversial angle:


"On Impact this past week Mickie James thought she was coming to Nashville to meet with Country Music Executives, to further her already amazing music career. The "meetings" were set up by Mickie's friend, the leader of The Revolution, James Storm and all seemed to be on the up and up. That is until Mickie James got to Nashville, Storm was there to greet her and told Mickie the real reason he invited her to Music City, USA and it had nothing to do with music. Storm revealed he wanted Mickie to Join The Revolution, to which Mickie was not only taken aback, but wanted nothing to do with joining The Revolution. Then Storm walked Mickie James to the train station and that is where Storm, for whatever his reasons are, knocked Mickie James onto the tracks. While Storm's actions are despicable and borderline criminal, we have reached out to Mickie James and have not yet gotten comment. We also reached out to security at The Nashville Star Train Station who were first on the scene after James Storm left and they were able to tell us that Mickie briefly blacked out and showed symptoms of a concussion. Mickie was tested and passed all concussion field tests. Mickie was emotionally disturbed following the events. We will do our best to keep everyone up to date and we wish Mickie a very speedy recovery. We will be following up with Mickie James to see if she plans on filing criminal charges with Nashville PD."


Terry Funk:


WWE Hall Of Famer Terry Funk has made a strong recovery from a bout of viral pneumonia.



CZW:


Combat Zone Wrestling are considering making their annual Cage Of Death show a PPV from this December.



AJ Styles to WWE?:


AJ Styles has commented on the rumours of WWE interest in his services...


"The first thing I'm gonna do is what's best for me and my family, that's what I'm gonna do. People know I was in TNA but I don't think people think of me now as 'The TNA Guy' Now they see me as a New japan guy or a Ring of Honor guy. I had to work to make sure I wasn't known as a TNA guy to get my product, being AJ Styles, out there again but at the end of the day like I say, whatever;s best for me and my family I'll do. This is a business. Despite what people may think "AJ left TNA" this is a job. I thought I deserved a little bit more for all the effort and stuff into, you know any business, and to not get paid what I think I deserve would be dumb. You don't work hard to take a step down, you work hard to take steps up. I went out and found a step up in the wrestling business and if there's another opportunity to step up, then I'll do that."

He also revealed his reaction to ROH's TV deal...

"A huge shock to me. Did not expect something like that. It's one of those things where I was told and I just started laughing. It was just one of those things, I was so surprised I just started laughing hysterically. I even called a couple of my buddies in Ring of Honor and we just chuckled together. It's gonna be fun man. We always did a great job with wrestling but now there's something to prove and I think you're gonna see a different Ring of Honor, in a good way."


Heath Slater:


Heath Slater has finally won his first match of 2015, after losing 44.



Seth gives back:


Seth Rollins has revealed he added Joey Mercury to his entourage on TV as a thank you to the former Tag Team champion, because Mercury saved him from being fired during his ''Frustrating'' time in developmental.



WWE want TNA stars:


WWE are interested in AJ Styles, but out of respect to NJPW, will not make an approach until his deal in Japan ends at the end of this year. They are also monitoring the contractual status of some of TNA's top stars like they have never done before, hoping to add their services to the NXT roster.



Titus to be fired?:


A Twitter exchange has led to a fan speculating WWE will fire Titus O'Neill. Titus revealed he had been texting with CM Punk about a sports game, and the fan believes that is a sackable offence, Titus told him...

''If that gets me fired I'll Happily be coaching on a college football staff ASAP!! It won't so at least u know plan B.''



Justin Roberts slams HHH:


Former WWE mic man Justin Roberts says fans should not buy into believing that Triple H will save the WWE when Vince goes into retirement...


"Hunter is portrayed as the savior of wrestling, and people think he'll save the business once he's in charge. We all thought that, too, until he started running things. Paul started overseeing a bunch of divisions and one of them was live events. When he took over, our live events schedule was brutal. We'd start in one place and flew all over. Since he used to be one of the boys on the road, we thought he'd stand up and stop that, and he didn't. The schedule got worse. Hunter started squashing stuff that really started getting over. If you notice, it's all about the future, and the future is NXT. But focusing on the future shouldn't mean ignoring the present. Zack Ryder got over huge to the point to the point where the crowd was cheering for him at Madison Square Garden while The Rock was standing in the ring. Dolph Ziggler got over. Primo and Epico [now known as Los Matadores] are fantastic wrestlers, but they get lost in the shuffle. There is a glass ceiling, and anybody they don't want to get over is squashed despite the fans strongly getting behind them. Daniel Bryan is a rare exception, despite the company fighting it over and over."

No comments:

Post a Comment