Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Today's News

Raw:


WWE have announced that actor Hugh Jackman will present next weeks show.

Paul Heyman took to the mic to talk about CM Punk during an ad break during the Cesaro vs RVD match, bragging about Lesnar ending the streak, when so many others could not.

Daniel Bryan:


Daniel Bryan returned home from his honeymoon to the awful news that his Father had died suddenly during his vacation. He decided to work last night's Raw, but was written out with a kayfabe injury so he could go home to be with his loved ones. He will be back at Extreme Rules, where he will defend his title against his former tag team partner Kane.

Nash vs Piper:


Kevin Nash and Roddy Piper both say they have drawn a line under the recent twitter feud.

Extreme Rules:


As well as the Daniel Bryan vs Kane match, Alexander Rusev vs R-Truth and Xavier Woods in a handicap match has been added to the next WWE special event.

Nancy Grace vs Wrestling?:


Despite the huge heat for her report on the Ultimate Warrior, Nancy Grace has announced she will have a segment on the wrestling world on her show this Thursday. This could be her response to the criticism she has received from wrestlers in recent weeks, or her way of fighting back, but the only details released about the content is that a LLUSA star called RJ Brewer will represent wrestling. This means that the WWE's embargo of her has seemingly worked, they warned talent past and current to stay away last week.

Whatever her motives for doing this show, let us hope she at least does some research this time...

AJ Lee:


AJ Lee is advertised to return to WWE in time for the European tour.

Cruelest rib in wrestling?:


Jonathan Coachman has remembered a prank on him by WWE Chairman Vince McMahon, where he called the cops to legit arrest him...

"Basically, Jerry Brisco came up to me in 2001 in Fayetteville, North Carolina, and he said he wanted me to run a football pool. $10 to pick all the games, and everybody did it. And I started on a Tuesday, it was a Smackdown taping, I'll never forget it. I had my own room I did interviews in, and all the sudden two cops show up. They were very serious, and said I understand you're running a gambling pool. You sold one to one of our undercover cops here. It's a felony in North Carolina and we're going to have to take you in. So we're walking down the hallway, and we stop in front of Vince's office, and they said we should probably let him know because you're not going to be here for a while. We walk in and it's Vince, Triple H, Stephanie, The Rock, Kevin Dunn and Jerry Brisco. I should have known that, with Jerry in the room, something was going on, but I was so terrified because I was 26 years old. The real cops proceeded to tell Vince they've caught me in a gambling pool and we need to take him downtown. Vince got in my face, and he was an inch away from my nose. He was cursing, telling me my priorities were bad, and spending company time to run a gambling pool. This entire riff lasted 45 minutes. At the end of the office bit, the officer said it was $1,500 to get me out, and Vince said F-no, he's on his own. They handcuffed me, and I asked if there was anything I could put over my face. Vince threw me a pair of sweaty gym shorts that got stuck on my face. I walked out of the office and the first person I see is The Undertaker. He looks at me with shock, and it was so real because no one else was in on it except those people in the office. They walked me out, and all the fans could see me and they drove me about a mile down the road, and got a call on the radio that they had to come back to pick up something. They turn around, come back, and everyone's there with Vince in front of everybody laughing their asses off. Greatest rip in the history of the business, and for about 10 minutes I literally walked to a place in the building and started crying. I thought my career was over. I thought how can I tell my dad I got fired over a $10 football pool."

TNA star looking at moving away from wrestling:


Bully Ray says he wants to get into acting...

"I'm looking into films and other things right now ... I am looking to branch my career out a little bit more into acting ... I think I fit certain roles, I'll use as an example a guy like James Gandolfini in 'The Sopranos'. I think that type of role I could pull off real well, just with my natural personality."

No comments:

Post a Comment