Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Today's News

Janice Carter writes to TNA staffers re. Sale of promotion:


Dear Staff,

As we embark on our "Where Action Never Ends" 365 initiative, I wanted to take this time to thank you for your dedication and enthusiasm to your company's renewed creative direction. I feel confident that, together, we are marching towards something great - a revolutionary way to experience professional wrestling.

With this said, I am aware of the false rumors currently circulating that The Carter Family and Panda Energy is attempting to sell their ownership stakes in TNA Wrestling. An unfortunate aspect of this business is that there are wrestling "reporters" who consistently post "news stories" without proper facts. I want to assure you that these are just rumors and I am committed to TNA and its future.

While I typically find that responding to such rumors is a waste of time, I wanted to use this as a moment to express my support and delight for the creative direction we are moving in. Our work has just begun and I look forward to a long and rewarding future with you and TNA.

Warm Regards,

Janice Carter
Chairman of the Board

Dixie Carter has also defended TNA returning to Orlando...

"In making Orlando's Universal Studios our programming hub, we have the powerful combination of state-of-the art production facilities and incredible soundstages that will make it easier for us to launch this new production-intensive initiative. We will also be working with Universal to develop new and creative ways for park guests and fans from around the world to experience a unique TNA attraction."

Finally on TNA Dave Lagana is leading the writing team, accompanied by Jason Hervey in the wake of Eric Bischoff's departure, but the company are advertising for a new creative chief.


SmackDown SPOILERS!!!:


* CM Punk vs Curtis Axel

* AJ & Tamina vs Cameron & Naomi

* John Cena vs Alberto Del Rio (World Championship) is made for Survivor Series.

* Alberto Del Rio vs Great Khali

* R-Truth & The Uso's vs 3MB

* Daniel Bryan vs Luke Harper

* John Cena vs Ryback

Hunico and Camacho made their TV returns in a match taped for main event last night.


Jeff Hardy:


TNA release video promoting Jeff Hardy's new album.



John Cena talks injury return:


"I just don't like [being out]. I really like the job and it comes with ups and downs and I know not necessarily everyone at my job loves me but that shouldn't sour me from my place of employment. I've truly found a home in the WWE and when I'm not there all I want to do is be there. I think that helped me get back really soon because everything I did was focused on getting back sooner and sooner."


Hall Of Famer needs help:


Hacksaw Jim Duggan has 60 days to raise $6,500 for shoulder surgery, he currently only has $600, so, despite being reluctant to do so, has released a video asking for fans to help...



Link to his donation fund.


Stephanie McMahon:


Stephanie McMahon is selling stock again, selling over a 100,000 shares over the past 3 days.


Eve finished with wrestling:


Eve Torres has declared she will not be returning to WWE, but wants to continue to have a part to play as an ambassador for the promotion...

"I don't see it happening. But I know myself enough to know that I'm not going to sit here and say that it's never going to happen. I just don't know what the next few years will bring. Like I said, if things go as planned in my life, and I start a family or anything like that, then probably not. But who knows? There are people who have families and still come back. Right now I don't see it coming, but I still have dreams about matches, I will tell you that."


Paul Heyman:


Paul Heyman has traveled to the UK, so maybe making his TV return next week.


Hulk Hogan to WWE update:


There is no truth to reports that Hulk Hogan and WWE have agreed to his return, but PWI have confirmed via their sources within the promotion that Hogan and WWE are in talks.


Wrestling killer pleads guilty:


A 13 year boy who killed his sister using what police called ''WWE style moves'' has decided to plead guilty. He faces up to 5 years in prison.


Returning TNA champ revealed:


To be...

Adam 'Pacman' Jones.


Oscar (Men On A Mission) interview:


On Mo's illness...

"Mo has kidney problems and needs a kidney transpant, and the medical bills aren't fully covered by his insurance. We're going to have a fundraiser in Humboldt, Tennessee to try and help him out. In the afternoon, Bret Hart will be there giving a seminar to up and coming young, aspiring wrestlers; at night, we'll have a phenomenal wrestling show where Men on a Mission will reunite, Sunny, the Bushwackers, and Tugboat."

On leaving WWE...

"In Vince's mind, it was time to turn Men on a Mission heel because there were too many babyface tag teams. I was asked to be part of that, but I declined. During my rap career, I never wanted to do anything negative. I always wanted to be a positive influence to young people. Being a heel didn't match up with my (personal values). I asked (the WWE) to have them attack me in order to get them even further over as a heel."

On modern WWE...

"The problem that wrestling has is that they're not developing wrestlers to be timeless. In the last 15 years, there's been a roster of individual stars, but there's no one superstar (like Hogan was). If they put John Cena into the Hall of Fame tomorrow, people would be talking about all of the people who deserves it more than he does. There's nobody that stands out today who will be remembered in 30 years. John Cena is talented and can put butts in the seats, but he is not (on the level of) a Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Superstar Billy Graham, or Bruno Sammartino. If I buy a ticket and John Cena misses the show, I'm still going to stay (and watch the show). Thirty years ago, if people bought a ticket to see Hogan, and he missed the show, they'd turn around and go home."


Death:


All Pro owner Roland Alexander has died aged 59. RIP.

QUESTION OF THE DAY...

Did John Cena return too soon???

No comments:

Post a Comment