Tuesday, February 8, 2022


Dead Man, not as dead as we think?


Booker T says he does not believe we have seen the last of The Undertaker...


“People are still wondering if ‘Taker is going to come back for one more. But I don’t think we are going to see ‘Taker back for this WrestleMania. But I did say, we will see The Undertaker back inside the squared circle before it’s all said and done. At WrestleMania, one more time, that’s my prediction, and normally I am right.”


Olympic nostalgia:


WWE fans have pointed out the likeness of the medal podium at the winter Olympics, currently taking place in Beijing, to the old SmackDown set.


Wedding:


Mick Foley conducted the wedding of Keith Lee and Mia Yim over the weekend.


WWE star attacks footballer:


Drew McIntyre was left feeling furious at a disturbing video showing West Ham United star Kurt Zouma kicking a cat across his kitchen, which made it's way onto social media this week. He called for his club to take action...


“I’m struggling to put into words how I feel about this distressing footage. Truly disgusting actions from Kurt Zouma who is meant to be a role model. No helpless animal should ever be subject to abuse like this. I would like to know how WestHam plan to punish these actions?''


Gable drops the L:


Chad Gable scored his first pin fall for two years on Raw last night.


NJPW:


Tama Tonga says he is free of NJPW and has sent Tony Khan a come and get me message.

Jeff Cobb in benched with niggling injuries, and will miss the next couple of weeks.


Mania 38:


AJ Styles has named Edge as his preferred opponent for this years Mania.


Hardy to AEW:


Matt Hardy teased on his live stream last night, that AEW boss Tony Khan may have bought Jeff Hardy out of his WWE contract to allow him to follow Matt to AEW. He also Claimed that WWE offered him HOF for 2022 after releasing him earlier this year. He says Jeff refused, because they did not want to induct Matt along with him...


''They did realize they jumped the gun a little bit whenever they released him before they got these drug test results back. And it’s strange because they waited weeks, and they really had to go after these drug test results to get them back. Because I guess they knew it wasn’t going to paint them in the best light. But longest story short, they offered him to be inducted into the 2022 Hall of Fame. Jeff asked ‘so you want to induct me into the Hall of Fame?' And he said ‘well let me ask you, I know you guys have spoken with AEW. Is this going to be the Hardy Boyz? Is this myself and my brother Matt?’ And they go ‘oh, no no, no, no. We can’t get Matt. He’s under contract at AEW. You know, it would just be you.’ And Jeff said ‘well, that’s a hard no.’ He definitely stood up for the team of the Hardy Boyz.”


Lawsuit:


WWE have until February 15 to answer a lawsuit filed by MLW, which is scheduled to be heard on April 12. WWE feel their case for airing their footage, poaching talent and breaching trust has no merit.


Haas responds to hoax report:


Charlie Haas has reacted to a false report of his death. He recently worked a match for Impact, and suffered a concussion, reports emerged after the bout that he had been killed, reports seen by his mother, ex wife Jacqueline Gayda, his children and best friend Shelton Benjamin, who were all, naturally, worried and upset...


“Someone reported that I died, so that helped the Charlie Haas is not dead t-shirt sales. That was unfortunate because the story about that it was like, ‘Charlie Haas fatally killed,’ and, my mom saw that, my ex-wife saw that, my kids saw it, people like Shelton. They were trying to get a hold of me, I didn’t die. It was unfortunate, but I am good, I am here. It is weird. I felt bad, it was harder on my family when they read that and they couldn’t get a hold of me. Especially after my brother dying, that’s something, my mom doesn’t want another son dead. It was unfortunate, but I am here, man, which is good.”


AEW vs The World:


Chris Jericho has been asked what AEW need to do to surpass WWE as the top promotion in wrestling. He believes they already are...


“Well, in my opinion, what is the top wrestling promotion? To me, I think we already are, as far as in-ring product and entertaining shows, storylines, characters, et cetera. If you’re looking at like will AEW overtake WWE as the wrestling brand in North America? I don’t know. But that’s not something that we ever really think about or worry about. All we’re worried about is continuing to grow our fan base, which we are, grow and continue to improve and create amazing stories, which we do. We really are killing it in the demos, which equals higher television contracts when this current one expires in a few years. So ask me in a couple years, if we’re going to be the most dominant promotion. I know we’ll be making a hell of a lot more money than we are right now, which will enable us to continue to put on the best wrestling product in the world today, which is what we’re already doing.”

Bayley:


Speculation is rising that Bayley may return from a torn ACL at Elimination Chamber. The winner of the match will challenge for the Red Women's gold at WrestleMania.


New Show:


WWE have trademarked the term Sunday Stunner, for use as a new show title.

No comments:

Post a Comment