Friday, February 25, 2022

 

Cesaro:


WWE are still on good terms with Cesaro, and a deal sits on the table, should he choose to sign it. He is expected to look at any external offers to come his way first.

Why we quit:


Lince Dorado has outlined why he left WWE...


“When we asked for our release in September or October, I think it was September, I went into it with two things. I was like ‘man, I don’t really have a plan, but I know I’ve been poor, I’ve been homeless, I’ve been broke. I’ll be fine, I’ve always been fine. I look forward to all the challenges in my life. So this new adventure of leaving something that I was so comfortable in needed to be done for me personally. I needed to leave. I was looking forward to it. I was looking forward to a lot of things, I was looking forward to being my own boss, being creative, saying things how I wanted to say it, be how I wanted to be, dress how I wanted to dress, represent lucha libre how I wanted to represent it. Not how, and again I’m not saying they did, but I wanted to put my flavor on it. I didn’t want to write it off as somebody’s idea, I wanted to fail on my own. And that’s why I had asked for my release. I just felt like I was complacent, I felt like I was just floating. I wasn’t progressing creatively, I didn’t like my position. I just needed a change, and as much as it’s scary and as much money I left on the table and how much time I had left on my contract, it wasn’t worth it to me. I needed that peace of mind of being free and being creatively free.”

AEW injury update:


Angelico says rumours his career is in jeopardy are not true, and he is recovering well from a knee injury.


Lesnar off script incident explained:


Brock Lesnar going off script at Elimination Chamber was a miscue. He knew Bobby Lashley was not going to be competing, so when the buzzer went off for his pod he, not knowing, it is claimed, that WWE planned to do an empty pod opening to sell Lashley's absence, took the opportunity to jump into the bout himself.

Owww have a TM:


Mick Foley has applied to TM 'Dude Love' (I am going to be controversial, and say) his best ring gimmick during the attitude era.


Graves confirms ring return:


Corey Graves has confirmed he is cleared to return to wrestling...


“It’s crossed my mind. I went and spent some time with, with doctors over the past. Actually, in the middle of the last year, I kind of got the itch and I think this is one of the first times I’m saying this publicly. Yeah, I have been medically cleared to compete. It’s not an immediate goal of mine, it was just something that I, I needed to know that I needed to know for my own sanity. My journey in the ring got cut short and it’s kind of eaten at me for years. Always wondering, ‘what if? What if there’s a chance? What if there’s an opportunity?’ And so I went and did the necessary steps. And turns out that I am a little more okay than I thought I was. But you never say never. It’s not an immediate goal, but I mean, you can’t ever take the wrestler out of my heart. So I’d be remiss if I didn’t have any interest.”

Rare merch:


AEW have released their first official Owen Hart T-shirt.
 

Mania 38:


Paul Heyman has confirmed Brock vs Roman will headline night 2 of WrestleMania 38. Flair vs Rousey will have the honour on night 1.


Keith Lee reveals issue WWE had with him:


“Listen, it’s something that Mark (Henry) and I talked about years ago, maybe I think I was still in NXT at the time. He knows I am open to that. Especially since in that particular place most people had an issue with the way that I speak and my demeanor in how I speak, and my cadence. I don’t know what it is about. Maybe my voice or maybe its vocal tone, whatever it may be, was a bit of an issue there. If it ever becomes an issue, I am sure that Mark could take the reins. The guy is very versatile with his microphone skills.”

Cardona commits cardinal sin:


Matt Cardona (FKA Zack Ryder) set an action figure alight during a vignette to promote an upcoming match, strange enough, given his love of toys... I mean adult collectibles... but this figure was an MOC green card Hasbro 1,2,3,Kid, the most sought after figure in the wrestling collectors community, which sells on Ebay for upwards of $750. He caught some heat on social media for the stunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment