Tuesday, February 26, 2019

26/2/2019

Rawturns:


Roman Reigns and Batista made their returns to WWE last night. Roman revealed he has gone into remission from his recent battle with cancer, he also got physical later in the night, helping Dean Ambrose survive a 4 on 1 beat down, and Batista challenged Triple H for Mania.


All In:


The Sears Centre have installed a plaque remembering last years All In event. Young Bucks were on hand to unveil it.


Fastlane:


Sasha & Bayley will defend the new female Tag titles vs Nia Jax and Tamina at Fastlane.


Impact signing:


Fallah Bahh is staying with Impact, he re-signed this week.


SD teaser:



  • The New" Daniel Bryan and Kofi Kingston to sign contract for their WWE Title Match at WWE Fastlane tonight
  • Can Johnny Gargano keep the momentum going against Cesaro?
  • Aleister Black & Ricochet look to rise up on Nakamura & Rusev
  • Will Asuka recover from her loss to Mandy Rose?



WWE Hall Of Fame:


The Honky Tonk Man is the latest inductee into the class of 2019. WWE confirmed the news on their website today.


Was cancer real?:


Roman Reigns and WWE have, since last night, been accused by some of inventing Roman's cancer to win the fans over to him, after many failed attempts of getting the paying attendees of their shows to do so thus far. They say it is very convenient that he has recovered in time for Mania, and that his illness was awfully short and cited him having time to go away and make a movie with the Rock, and the fact he still has his hair as proof of their argument.

However a number of sufferers of the same illness and charities and support organisations have jumped to the wrestlers defense, one posting this explanation...

"Roman's remission appears to be too good to be true. Looking great with all of his hair, five months after diagnosis doesn't fit in with the traditional narrative of a blood cancer patient. Cancer doesn't work like that, does it? Actually, yes, some blood cancers do. I've had a similar type of blood cancer to Roman called chronic myeloid leukaemia (CML) for 11 years now. I take a small white tablet every morning called a tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI) and it puts my leukaemia back in its box on a molecular level. I've had bad days where I've felt tired or a bit sick but I've carried on. I work full time in education and haven't taken a day off sick through anything related to the leukaemia. It took me about 9 months to reach a haematological level of remission, in that my blood looked OK. It took 6 years to get to a molecular level of remission and now my leukaemia is pretty much undetectable. I've never lost my hair and I've never had traditional chemotherapy. You see where I'm going with this? Roman is an elite athlete and it might surprise you that I'm not. We've both fought our leukaemia in our own way and in our own timeframe. But there is one thing that I guarantee will annoy any leukaemia patient who is in remission, that's someone saying, 'well, you don't look sick!' Right now, that's happening online. Can't we celebrate Roman looking great and happy or would we prefer him hooked up to a drip, pushed out in a wheelchair? That's our traditional view and if our traditional view has been upended, it isn't a lie. The treatment that has given Roman and me our lives back was hailed in 2001 by Time Magazine as the magic bullet for cancer. Times are changing, we're the trailblazers and millions of people are now living because of that little white tablet. They aren't having devastating does of chemotherapy and in most cases, after taking the tablet they are able to go to work or smash someone around in a wrestling ring. It's still not perfect, some people get side effects from the drugs but as the treatment improves, so will the quality of life. But, let's not forget, and Roman knows this all too well, leukaemia can relapse. We're all living on a knife edge from appointment to appointment. My appointments are six months apart and I still get nervous, I'm sure that I always will. It's a strange way to live…but it's better than the alternative."


Double J goes to court:


Double J Jeff Jarrett wants $5 million from Impact for the promotion deleting the GFW master tapes and for the ownership of the name.


David Otunga reveals he had heat with Kevin Owens:


"Kevin Owens got really mad at me one time. I'm trying to remember the actual line but I was making some witty comment and I said something about the battle of the bulge and I was like, 'And we're not talking about Kevin Owen's stomach' or something like that, which I think is pretty tame. Owens was mad and coming at me on Twitter and stuff. The thing of it is Kevin Owens is actually one of my favorite characters like legit, because he's so different. I love the fact that he is who he is. He's different and yeah his stomach hangs over but I think that's awesome. So I was like, 'Hey man, we're on the same team. I don't know if you know that. Dude, you're a heel. This is what we do.' He was like shoot mad. Like he would see me backstage and he wouldn't even say anything or shake my hand or nothing. I think we're cool now. I hope."

No comments:

Post a Comment