Saturday, February 13, 2016

Today's News

WWE greats honoured:


JBL has been named as a Beyond Sport ambassador. He spoke of his pride at the honour to WWE...

"Beyond Sport, to me, is one of the best organizations in the world. They use 'Sport for Change' as the catchphrase that goes around the world for all different programs, but they're all doing phenomenal work. They change the lives of, predominately, disadvantaged kids."

Kurt Angle is also celebrating, he will be inducted into the International Sports Hall Of Fame in March.


Injury:


Sheamus has had his cast removed from his wrist. He is currently doing audio work for the new Turtles film.


Solomon Crowe talks quitting WWE:


''Everyone's like, "You left NXT, and NXT is so hot," but I have no hard feelings against NXT. Hopefully I'll be back there one day. But when I went in, a couple things happened–I got injured at one point, and I was just not being used. Now that I'm 28, I wanted to have the chance to leave and show them why they hired me in the first place. I'm still young enough to go back, so that's what I'm doing now. I'm one of the only guys ever to walk up to WWE and quit, but I didn't do it to be a badass. I needed to roll the dice, and it may pay off one day and it may not. But no matter where I am, whether it's WWE or someplace else, I'm still a professional wrestler. At the end of the day, that's all that matters to me.''


WWE chase Garza:


WWE are interested in the 23 year old nephew of the late Hector Garza. He currently works for AAA.


Reyturn:


Rey Mysterio is said to be looking at getting out of his LU deal, and will return to WWE this year, although on a part time basis.


DivaMania:


Becky Lynch says she believes that the divas will one day headline WrestleMania...

"I think so. I don't see a single reason why not. What Bayley and Sasha did, they weren't the main event because of a movement or because it was cool. It was because they're that good. No one else could follow them. That's what we're moving to. It's pure equality as long as you're that good and you're that much of a draw, I think you have every right to be the main event. Look at Ronda Rousey and I guess now Holly Holm. It's a new time and it's great to be part of it."


Hall Of Fame:


Kevin Von Erich says he has been asked to go to WrestleMania this year, probably to induct the Fabulous Freebirds into the class of '16.


Diva's at indies:


Chyna is attending tonight's MCW show to make up for missing a booking last year, and Becky Lynch is at a PWG event, as a fan.


ROH - NJPW:


The NJPW network will air two ROH shows next week. ROH are in Japan on tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment