Monday, August 17, 2015

Today's News

WWE Alum announces wedding:


Kelly Kelly will marry her hockey player boyfriend in the new year. She has also admitted that she misses working for WWE.



Roddy Piper:


The Honky Tonk Man says he had arranged a clear the air meeting with Roddy Piper just days before his death. They had been involved in a spat earlier in the year, it started when Piper called him an ''A$$hole'' and mocked his gimmick, during a podcast.



Injury:


Nikki Bella is dealing with a back injury, and had to withdraw from an appearance at an awards show this past weekend.



Lana defends not wrestling:


She replied to a critical comment from a fan, who said she was one dimensional, and would not be taken seriously by fans until she got into the ring...


''I find it exceptionally awesome what I do. Are you saying Paul Heyman hasn't created one of the most epic legacies ? He will be remembered more than 98% of women and men that ever wrestled in WWE. How about Stephanie McMahon? She picked wisely when to wrestle and when not to wrestle. I am not here to be adored I am here to help create compelling stories. I don't have to fight and wrestle everyday because I am that good at what I do. This is WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) and I bring the BIG E to the WWE. And thank you, if I can help one person stand up for themselves & leave a toxic relationship, then my story is more then worth while. Thank you."


Big Show admits career is coming to an end:


"I think absolutely. I've had a fantastic career - I'm still competing on a full-time schedule, but nothing good lasts forever. So eventually I'm going to have to transition out of this industry and do something else that's entertaining and exciting for me. I think a natural evolution for me would be to try to transfer over into the film and TV world and start playing different characters. Hopefully that way I can keep entertaining my fans that are fans of me, in different avenues and different spotlights. It's a natural evolution. Am I a little sad that my wrestling career is towards its end? Well, yeah, because this has been my life for 20 years. But I think I can continue to help some of the younger guys get over and develop and find out who they are then find a pleasant transition for myself. I'm not quite in the old folks' home yet, I've still got more to do."


Raw tease:



  • Will The Phenom and The Beast brawl before SummerSlam?
  • Should Randy Orton watch his back?
  • Will Cena meet Rollins face-to-face on Raw?
  • How will Lana get payback against Rusev and Summer Rae?
  • Which Diva trio will stand tall before SummerSlam?

Dolph Ziggler and John Cena are scheduled to return to TV tonight, and the most famous dog on the internet is the special guest at the show.


Great Khali interview:


On praise from Vince McMahon...

"A good match is about the chemistry between opponents. I loved working with Cena. He was always receptive to my ideas, even if they weren't good. Because he was ready to try things, we delivered a great match. When we got backstage, McMahon hugged me and said I had put on a great show."

On receiving drugs from Randy Orton...

"The pills were so strong that I couldn't feel my legs. My foot kept slipping and I fell."

On his current status...

"I still want to keep some connection with this industry. This was something I was born to do. I was always meant to be Khali. I dream of wrestling all the time. And then I get up and I realise that I am not wrestling anymore. But I still keep my pants with me — both in India and in Houston. You never know."

Darren Young speaks out about homosexuality in sport:


''People who say it shouldn't be a big deal that another major league athlete came out clearly have no understanding of what it means to live life in secrecy and fear of disapproval. These guys risk losing their personal relationships and livelihood simply by choosing to live truthfully! Don't undermine the courage of gay athletes just because you have no idea what they have to go through in their daily lives.''

2K16:


Another batch of stars have been named for 2K16, here is the updated list...



  • Adam Rose
  • Neville
  • Bo Dallas
  • Brie Bella
  • Brock Lesnar
  • Goldust
  • Heath Slater
  • Hideo Itami
  • Jack Swagger
  • Kevin Owens
  • Nikki Bella
  • Ric Flair
  • Sami Zayn
  • Roman Reigns
  • Stardust
  • Sting
  • Tyler Breeze
  • The Ultimate Warrior
  • Zack Ryder
  • Booker T
  • Colonel Mustafa
  • Emma
  • Eva Marie
  • General Adnan
  • Kalisto
  • Kane
  • Lord Steven Regal
  • Sin Cara
  • Summer Rae
  • Tamina Snuka
  • Triple H
  • Steve Austin
  • Seth Rollins
  • Daniel Bryan
  • Dean Ambrose
  • Bad News Barrett
  • Paige
  • Finn Balor
  • Alexa Bliss
  • The Rock
  • Andre the Giant

SummerSlam:


Jushin Liger will attend SummerSlam, the night after he makes his WWE debut for NXT, this Sunday.

Randy Orton vs Sheamus is the newest match announced for the show.

Jon Stewart has been announced as the host of the PPV.

Triple H / Chyna incident:


A source close to Triple H has reportedly told Dave Meltzer that there was no animosity between the two at Roddy Piper's funeral, but Hunter was concerned that she had a secret camera somewhere recording them, when she walked over to him as she was leaving the wake, there is no evidence that she did.

Anonymous GM:


A former WWE writer has revealed that Triple H was originally scripted to be the anonymous GM on Raw.

WWE / Evolve:


Senior execs from WWE were backstage at this past weekends Evolve show in New York, re-opening speculation that WWE are interested in some sort of pairing up, although buy out talks have quietened in recent weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment