Thursday, June 19, 2014

Today's News

WWE cuts:


WWE have cancelled this years SummerSlam Fan Axxess due to their budget restraints. They have also stopped flying NXT talent around to be a part of Adam Rose's entourage, instead using local indy wrestlers from the state they are visiting.

Finally they have decided not to hire any one new to the roster over the age of 30.

The Shield:


WWE will not officially split the remaining members of the Shield, however they will be going their separate ways and will appear together less often as time goes on.

TNA fail:


TNA stars Austin Aries and Ethan Carter III have come against the idea of bringing back the six sided ring, Austin strongly criticising the online vote giving the decision to what he calls non wrestlers asking non wrestlers to tell wrestlers how to do their job.

Lanny Poffo talks possible WWE return:


"The writers would probably give me something to read and then ruin my gimmick. I wrote my own poetry and I refuse to read somebody else poems. When you think about the old days, people like Junkyard Dog, Roddy Piper, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Randy Savage, they had personality. You didn't have to write for these people, they were their personality."

Curt Hawkins talks WWE release:


''It was expected to an extent. Really I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. They weren't using me and I was just living this life of sitting and waiting around and not able to commit to things in my real life. Like if I wanted to go a wedding, I never know if they (WWE) are going to come calling. It was kind of annoying, to be honest with you. And anyone that knows me knows that I'm just crazy about wrestling, and I've had my pulse on the Indy scene and it's something I've been dying to dive into and now I finally can.''

WWE Logo:


The new WWE logo will come in to effect as of August 18 2014.


Diva's division:


Aksana was released after she fell out of favour with Kevin Dunn, who had until recently been a big fan of hers. Rosa Mendes was on the list to be released, but Total Diva's asking for her to join the cast saved her job. Charlotte and Sasha Banks will be called up in the coming months to fill the gap left by recent departures. Cameron and Naomi are going to be split soon, Naomi is expected to take the heel turn, as she is more accomplished in the ring.


Promoter slams Hall's:


Mike O'Brien of NEW slammed an appearance by Scott and his son Cody Hall recently, and says they will not be welcome back...

"Scott Hall was his old self (he worked for the group a week ago). Not his physical condition, but a real cocky asshole. You give everyone a shot. Safe to say you won't be seeing me book him or his dangerous, green son again."

The Rock:


The Rock has wrapped filming his disaster movie San Andreas.

Retirement ends:


Tony Mamaluke is coming out of retirement for a one night deal.


Jim Ross:


JR has accepted a role in a movie, he signed the deal today.


Team reunite:


Now JTG is free of WWE he is reuniting his Cryme Tyme team with Shad Gaspard on the indies.

No comments:

Post a Comment