Wednesday, July 10, 2019

WWE going home, Alum to fight HOF'er, Fist fight at concert, Punk talking to AEW, and more...

WWE return:


WWE will make their TV return to MSG after a 10 year break in September. The company stopped recording TV and PPV events in their spiritual home after the venue spiked their fees for broadcasting from their building, but, just days before AAA host a show in the venue, WWE will record both of their main shows over two nights, for the first time since 2009.

Injury:


Kofi Kingston is being rested as he is having issues with his back.

Alum vs HOF'er:


Alberto Del Rio will fight UFC Hall Of Famer, Tito Ortiz, in an MMA cage soon.

Extreme Rules:


Cesaro vs Aleister Black is official for the weekend.

Bereavement break ends:


Charlotte is back at work after a month off, following the death of her partner, Andrade's mother.

Fist fight at the rock show:


Enzo Amore and Joey Janela got into a fist fight at a Blink-182 gig this week. The two had had a heated Twitter spat after Amore's failed ROH debut earlier this year, and he blamed the roster for it not working out. The fight was said to be a shitty effort, but was instigated by Amore, after Janela offered him a handshake.

Bella's confirm they feel let down:


Nikki Bella says she and her sister feel hard done by, by WWE and it's fans over their retirements. She feels they deserved time in the ring to make a farewell speech...

"It's actually going to make me emotional. It's going to make me cry because, you know, I love wrestling. I gave thirteen years of my life. I beat my body up. I mean, it was my world. It's so sad sometimes when I see the lack of respect or, like, not the appreciation. You know how badly I wish I could go out there and wrestle again, and do it for the fans, and do it for us? I mean, I've risked my life. And you know what? I'm a human being; sometimes we like to be acknowledged or appreciated. And the fact that I gave so much and I will never get to stand in that ring and have the 'thank you, Nikki' chant, or even give my last, final words - I found out the Thursday before WrestleMania and I'm done. That's it... I pray one day, Brie, we will be appreciated by that crowd."

Punk to AEW:


CM Punk has been in regular talks with Matt Jackson of the Young Bucks, but, his brother, Nick, says he is just not ready to make his wrestling return yet. He also confirmed the promotion are still planning to work with Neville.

Cody:


Cody Rhodes has written a second children's book.

New show:


Stephanie McMahon will host a new reality show featuring the women of WWE. 'Fight Like A Girl' will see Steph pair a real lady, suffering some issue in their life, with a WWE star, who will act as a mentor, sharing their own story, to try to inspire a turn around in her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment