Monday, July 8, 2019

Slammiversary, Owner dies, Alum quits, Lesnar goes back to school, and more...

AEW pull Alum:


AEW withdrew Tye Dillinger from an indie booking this weekend. They later rescinded their decision and have allowed him to fulfill the gig.

Slammiversary:


Results...


  • Willie Mack bt TJ Perkins, Jake Crist and Trey Miguel.
  • The North bt LAX and The Rascalz.
  • Eddie Edwards bt Killer Kross.
  • Moose bt Rob Van Dam.
  • Taya Valkyrie bt Rosemary, Su Yung and Jessika Havok.
  • Rich Swann bt Johnny Impact.
  • Brian Cage bt Michael Elgin.
  • Sami Callihan bt Tessa Blanchard.


Notes...

Rhyno appeared under a mask.

NXT auto wreck:


Xia Brookside, from NXT UK, crashed her car in Japan this weekend. She says she is OK.

Owner dies:


One of the two biggest wrestling promotions in Mexico have lost their long time owner. CMLL's Francisco Lutteroth died aged 67 over the weekend.

Raw tease:



  • Andrade & Zelina Vega throw down the gauntlet
  • Is The Club taking over the red brand?
  • Roman Reigns & mystery partner to face Shane McMahon & Drew McIntyre before No Holds Barred Tag Team showdown at Extreme Rules
  • Rey Mysterio returns to Raw this Monday night
  • R-Truth wants his "baby" back!
  • Will "Jealous" Joe get payback against the WWE Champion?
  • What's next for Braun Strowman after Falls Count Anywhere Match incident?


Ziggler reveals why he went home:


"I asked for a specific time away to be off of television, because I thought my character had kind of done the same thing over and over, and maybe lost eight or nine and a half times out of 10, and we needed to get something fresh and different with it, so I asked for 90 days to go away,. I can't sit at home. I'm a psychopath; I've been living out of a suitcase for 15 years.''

Wrestling good deed:


Chris Jericho, Dean Ambrose and AEW owner Tony Khan are amongst the donators to a GoFundMe for wrestler, Don Wright, whose house burned down recently, leaving him, his wife and a bunch of grandkids, aged between 4 and 14, homeless. The families $5,000 goal has been obliterated already.

Bella return nixed:


The Bella Twins were set to end their retirements post Mania this year, to go after the Women's Tag gold, but Nikki's neck stopped it from happening...

"Brie and I, we were going to come back and fight for the [Women's] Tag Titles after WrestleMania. We were going to go against The IIconics for a few months. It was going to be a lot of fun and we were really excited. Deep down inside I kept having this weird feeling that I needed to get an x-ray on my neck, because for a while, I wasn't feeling okay. Brie knows that in December, after Evolution, I just kept telling her, like, 'Brie, I feel off. My head doesn't feel right.' I even told her, 'Do you think I'm super unhealthy?' I live a very healthy lifestyle but I just couldn't figure it out."

Alum leaves:


John Hennigan has left Impact.

Lesnar goes back to school:


Brock LEsnar returned to his old high school today, to train with the wrestling team.

Extreme Rules:


Ricochet vs AJ Styles for the US gold is now official.

No comments:

Post a Comment