Thursday, July 25, 2019

AEW get mag support, Female history, Promotions end ties, WWE star arrested, and more...

Mag promotes AEW:


TV Guide have featured AEW, as their TV debut is confirmed. They say the promotion offers a real alternative to WWE for hardcore wrestling fans.

HOF:


Beth Phoenix will become the first female inducted into the Tragos / THesz HOF this weekend. Also going are Bruno Sammartino, Thunderbolt Patterson (Lou Thesz Award) Sgt. Slaughter (Frank Gotch Award), Brian Shields (Jim Melby Award), and UFC's Daniel Cormier (George Tragos Award).

Promotions split:


NWA and ROH have amicably ended their working partnership.

Ambrose vs Cass:


Dean Ambrose will wrestle Big Cass on the indies this weekend.

Script ripped up:


Vince McMahon reportedly (Meltzer) ripped up the script for SmackDown after arriving at the arena at 4pm on the day of filming. He did not like the script he was shown, and personally took charge of a last of the last minute rewrites.

WWE arrest:


Just days after being mocked for his criminal convictions, by John Cena, Jimmy Uso has been caught DUI again this morning. He was found to be speeding and driving erratically. When police managed to stop him he reeked of alcohol, but refused to take a sobriety test.

Punk shoots down AEW links:


"No. I know they like to talk about me a lot. If I text Matt Jackson, 'Hey, have a great show tonight,' which I did when they had their big show in Vegas, that somehow turns into Tony Khan telling people he has a great relationship with me. I've said in the past I've talked to them, but nothing ever came of anything."

WWE Japan:


WWE have donated $1400 to Yoshihiro Takayama's benefit fund. The money was raised by fans at shows on their last tour. Also on the tour, HHH met with the Dragon Gate promotion.

JR reveals main reason he said no to Raw reunion:


"Well, it wasn't in anger that I refused or turned it down. I appreciated the opportunity to come back to Tampa to see all my buddies and so forth. There's a couple of things that led to this decision, and the main thing for me was if I had gone there, there would be a certain segment of the social media society that would've said, 'Uh oh, there's trouble in paradise, JR's looking to bail already, he's already back with WWE, something's wrong with AEW.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment