Thursday, April 7, 2016

Today's News

WWE debuts:


Shinsuke Nakamura and new announcer Cathy Kelley will make their NXT TV debuts this week.


New Miss Elizabeth:


Charlotte has revealed she asked to be called Miss Elizabeth, when she joined WWE...

"I gave them 10 names. I gave them 'Miss Elizabeth', but not thinking of Miss Elizabeth, they probably were like, 'oh my God! This idiot!' But I wrote down 'Elizabeth Reid' because it was my mom's and Reid's name. And then I put short 'Ella Reid'. I think I put 'Charlotte' down. Oh, I think I put maybe 'Eliza' down."


Nixed Mania match:


WWE originally planned to have Chris Jericho vs Dean Ambrose for WrestleMania, to culminate a feud that started last year, when Y2J walked out on Ambrose and Reigns in a PPV match. A number of factors combined to kill the match. AJ Styles joining up and the leak of the Wyatt's angles (They were to be involved with Brock) included.


Hunter yanked from NXT:


Vince McMahon stopped Triple H from making an in ring promo at the start of the NXT Dallas special, as he usually does. Vince felt Triple H should not be getting a babyface reaction so close to being the top heel at Mania.


Hall Of Famer dies:


WWE Hall Of Famer Blackjack Mulligan has died at the age of 73. He had been battling with a number of health issues in recent years. As well as being a HOF'er in his own right, he is also father of another, Barry Windham, and grandfather to two current talents, Bray Wyatt and Bo Dallas.


JR honoured:


Jim Ross will be presented with a custom made championship by the CAC, at their HOF ceremony this year.


MVP:


MVP will work as an agent for Lucha Underground, but may still get into the ring now and again.


WWE top chart:


Shinsuke Nakamura's theme song has hit number one on the I-Tunes Soundtrack chart.


Cody reveals retirement date:


Cody Rhodes says he will take off his boots on his 40th birthday, and will never look back. He turns 31 this year, so fans do not have to worry about losing him just yet.


Brie Bella says goodbye:


Brie Bella has confirmed her retirement to WWE, via their website...

"Yes. WrestleMania 32 was my last match. I wouldn't say my last match forever, just my last match that you'll see in a while. I am here at home because Daniel Bryan and I want to start a family soon. Or I shouldn't say soon — we want to start it now! We're going to start having babies, so I have to put my career on hold. It doesn't mean that I'm going to be gone. I'm going to be an ambassador for WWE. But I'm going to try motherhood."


Sheamus fail:


WWE man, and Liverpool FC supporter Sheamus has really messed up. He did an interview recently criticising his (And my) football team, after losing a match we were dominating, he gave that interview to a British newspaper, a publication that any real Liverpool supporter would not acknowledge the existence of, never mind do an interview with. I like Sheamus, but that was a huge fail... fella.


HOF'er blasts Mania stunt:


Superstar Billy Graham has furiously attacked Shane McMahon for risking his life, for the sake of a ''Stupid'' stunt. He was referring to the elbow off the top of the cell.


Rusev unhappy with Mania?:


A second member of the League Of Nations was interviewed by a different British newspaper today. Rusev declared his pride in Lana making her wrestling debut, but was not happy with the HOF'ers ruining his WrestleMania moment on Sunday...

"It was annoying at first! Because we just won, we were celebrating at WrestleMania. All of a sudden you hear that music and these people are coming down to disrespect you and steal your moment. I felt disrespected so I needed to get in there and prove myself, that I could hang with these guys. And yeah, I got stunnered."


Batista:


Batista turned down the chance to be involved in the above noted segment, it was to be a 4 on 4 brawl between the legends and the League. Not sure if that is why Wade Barrett was pulled from the bout, but I doubt it. It seems WWE wanted to send him a message, before getting rid of him the night after.

No comments:

Post a Comment