Monday, January 14, 2019

14/1/2019

WWE are saving indie wrestling:


The mew NXT UK Women's champion, Toni Storm, says indie wrestling is in the best place it has ever been, thanks to WWE...

"Independent wrestling is at the best it's ever been and then what WWE has done, they just come in, and they just elevated it for us so that we can pursue more. And I'm so thankful for that because it's just making it more mainstream, and making it more popular, and that's what we needed. I think independent wrestling needs more exposure because it's so incredible and this is going to help it a lot."


Injuries:


Flip Gordon injured his knee working for ROH last night. The match had to be stopped after he damaged his leg delivering a running dropkick. Chris Sabin also hurt his knee at the show.


Why Bischoff did not want Taker in WCW:


"I don't know, he wouldn't have been the Undertaker and that's the biggest challenge right there. Because you're spending so much money for a character that you can't have. So knowing that he wouldn't have been anything close to the Undertaker as a character, how could we have used him? I was never a big fan of really big guys. We had Kevin, we had Paul, and it's really hard creatively - we've touched on this before - booking guys that are that big. Because it's hard in a believable way to get sympathy on them. It's hard for them in a believable way to sell, unless you take a chainsaw to them or a bazooka. It's hard for them to be a good heel because it doesn't make any sense for a guy that big to be a chicken s--t. It's not believable. I know I wouldn't have been excited about hiring him. Not because he's not a super talented guy, but if you would have looked at our roster back then, where would he have fit? He was in WCW before, so, let's have fun with this - we'll use our imagination. Let's assume, hypothetically, the whole nWo/WCW storyline as I had it in my head would have played out the way I wanted it. nWo would have officially taken over Monday Nitro. Top to bottom, it would have been nWo's show. WCW would have been over on Thunder had it played out the way that I hoped for it. Because WCW and Mark Callous had previously had a relationship, I would have probably tried to play off that. I would probably would try to bring Undertaker/Mark Callous in on the WCW side of the equation to kinda be a counter to Kevin Nash, so to speak. So that might have worked, but other than something like that, I don't know. It would have been tough."


Online feud:


ROH star Matt Taven has accused the Revival of stealing his conspiracy gimmick, this did not sit well with the WWE men. It seemed to re-open old wounds about a 2012 incident where, it is alleged, Taven stole tanning lotion from the bag of Scott Dawson, leading to his WWE try-out being canned.

For some reason, Maria Kanellis got involved in the spat, telling Revival to be careful about how they behave while they are at the top, because eventually they will come back down with a bang.


Raw tease:



  • Rivalries converge in Intercontinental Championship Triple Threat Match
  • The Boss and The Rowdy One face common enemies
  • Is Braun Strowman truly ready for Brock Lesnar?
  • The Revival "conspiracy" continues
  • Royal Rumble Matches take shape



HBK retires:


Shawn Michaels says he has no desire to return to the ring, and did not want to come back last year...

"They forced me. No, it was a really special thing, and I'll tell you, I really felt that one for a while. I'm good with what I've done. The guys here in the UK, it's their time to enjoy it and make the most of it. I no longer want to do it any more, the only thing better than having your own Wrestlemania moment is watching and helping someone with theirs. We had our time, we thoroughly enjoyed it, and we know the potential of so many of these men and women. We know the joy they can have, and we want to pass it on. You can have all of the bells and whistles but you have to have something emotional. I let the young athletes know not to think for one second I wasn't scared, I wasn't intimidated, I was Mr Tough. I was the kid who had the dream and sat in the locker room thinking 'my goodness' next to Ric Flair and others. We want them to know all of that stuff is okay, to let all of those guards down and do all we can."


Vince movie:


Vince McMahon has been sent an updated draft script for his biopic 'Pandemonium' in the past couple of weeks, it is not known if he, or the preferred lead actor for his role, Bradley Cooper, who was sent the other copy, approved it, but film makers hope to get started on the project this year, if they can.


New show:


Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins have launched a new show on their shared YouTube channel...

No comments:

Post a Comment