Saturday, March 26, 2016

Today's News

Coach:


WWE Alum Jonathan Coachman made a surprise return at last nights Madison Square Garden live event. He acted as special guest ring announcer.


Title match pulled:


WWE have removed all mention of the Tag Team Championship being on the line at WrestleMania. The New Day vs League Of Nations match will still happen, but it now looks like the belts will not be up for grabs.


Luke Harper:


Luke Harper's knee injury is bad. He is reportedly out until SummerSlam.


Del Rio MIA:


Alberto Del Rio has been given a second consecutive weekend off. It is thought WWE are letting him rest the back injury he has been struggling with since Royal Rumble, to be as close to 100% as possible for next weekends event.


Ric Flair remembers WrestleMania match:


"Hunter walks out to me at RAW about a month after Royal Rumble and says, 'Taker wants to work with you at 'Mania.' I said, 'what?' I mean, I was in shock, right, that he would want to. He said, 'yeah, well, Taker wants to work with you at WrestleMania.' And I said, 'my God, I'm overwhelmed. That's great. I was just thrilled. I never dreamed that I would even be in that spot again because when I told him I'd come back, I thought I was never going to wrestle. It ended up, obviously, being part of my legacy, wrestling all those matches."


PCW vs TNA:


The UK's Preston City Wrestling have angrily lashed out at TNA after they revoked permission for ECIII to make the trip to their April 3 show, despite a long standing booking. The owner of the group fumed about the difficulty of getting international talent to make the trip over the pond during WrestleMania weekend, and went on to call the group hypocrites, during a particularly heated segment of a press release...

''Considering TNA was publicly vocal about not being happy when AJ Styles pulled out of an agreed deal with them, it does seem double standards to me that the company would ask talent to back out of a deal that has been in place for many weeks. I have lost out financially having paid for an extensive promotional campaign with EC3 clearly front and centre promoting his appearance but most of all I feel for fans who have used their hard earned money and booked travel to see/meet EC3. We have gone above and beyond to try source a replacement in tough times for those fans but it is a shame that when asked for assistance TNA told us ''nothing can be done''. PCW will in future be thinking twice about using TNA talent to avoid repeat scenarios as even WWE respect that when a date is agreed it is agreed and do not try to pull talent from it. I try give my fans more than value for money and will continue to do so but even though I do take full responsibility for the change in the line up, you know I will always be honest with you all.''


Diva reduced to tears:


WWE fans brought Natalya to tears after her defeat to Charlotte in MSG last night. Her performance was so appreciated a ''Thank you Nattie'' chant filled the arena.


New Day tribute:


New Day paid tribute to hip hop icon Phife Dawg, who died recently, at the MSG show last night.


TNA start to charge:


TNA have started charging for some of their footage on YouTube. The Asylum Years had previously been freely available to view.

No comments:

Post a Comment