Monday, March 21, 2016

Today's News

Cody calls for tribute to return:


Cody Rhodes is hoping that the Dusty Rhodes tag team trophy is competed over on a yearly basis, to preserve the memory of his HOF father.


WWE involved in TNA walkout?:


Bobby Roode and Eric Young are rumoured to have ended their negotiations for new TNA deals after they heard of interest from WWE. No conformation of an interest or an approach is yet public.

Bobby has revealed why he left....

"It felt like it was the right time. After almost 13 years in a wrestling company I felt like there was nothing really left for me to do there. I wanted to mutually part ways. I have nothing negative to say about TNA Wrestling. They treated me very, very well. It was just a matter of me being in a part of my life where I'm not sure TNA was the right fit for me anymore. The brand has been stale for the last little while and the growth wasn't there as it was in the early years."

Eric Young will be working his first post TNA match this weekend for UPWA.

TNA have countered rumours online, and say they gave Young an ultimatum, after contract talks were dragging on, expecting him, as one of their loyalest talents, to cave, but were surprised that he chose to leave.

The situation with Bobby Roode was completely different. Roode is one of their highest paid stars, and TNA feel they cannot justify his salary. They have also been a number of incidents with Roode openly criticising the office, particularly over late pay.


Is Sting retired:


Sting has stated that he is not ''Officially'' retired, and that his neck is doing good.


Hall Of Fame:


Stan Hansen is going to be tonight's newly unveiled WWE Hall Of Famer.


Raw tease:



  • Will Dolph Ziggler instigate himself into another all-or-nothing match?.
  • Expect the Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch rivalry to kick into gear in a big way.
  • How will Lana and Team BAD make their presence known?.
  • Who will enter in the third annual Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal?.
  • Will The Authority settle their Roman Reigns problem in the ring or with a mountain of litigation?.

Rhodes vs Woods:


Cody Rhodes has shared his side of the high school rivalry he had with fellow WWE man Xavier Woods, and he remembers things differently than his colleague...

"You could've heard a pin drop when these guys walk in because they made such a scene, including this young man right here fully Ruff Rydered out with his 'A' chain, smoking a cigarette and flicking it out on the floor as he is walking towards me, so he's a smoker. He was a smoker in high school, like a casual smoker. So, he approached us, and to this day I cannot tell you exactly what he said to me, but I believe he said something along the lines of, 'hey, sweet ass' to Lindsey Laufersweiler, I believe is what he said. Now, full disclosure, that's kind of my date, so that's a little off limits. Also, when you, like, wrestle every weekend, as we did, the last thing you want to get into is another wrestling match/fight/anything. You're pretty much spent. So, he said that, he's staring at us, and Tony has got his foot up with all the bowling balls. I took a ball, I rolled a strike, I looked at him, and there was just this moment between him and I. Lindsey Laufersweiler kissed me on the cheek and said, 'don't worry about him, baby' and that was the end of this tale. He had come there to bully me, there was no, 'oh, I beat that kid'. I don't recall saying that. I just recall a long pause between him and I and just an awkward split between the two and that is where it ended for me. 

Cody also discussed Woods parents animosity toward him...

"His parents also, up until maybe a year ago, where under the impression that I was a complete asshole. I thought, 'oh my gosh, here are his parents at the WrestleMania after party'. I gave them a big hug. We talked for awhile and I walked away. I think it is all clear that I was not a bully. I was not Johnny Lawrence at all. If in a match setting, I played that role, perhaps. But I didn't cheat."


WWE auction:


WWE have announced an online auction to benefit a charitable organisation.


Main roster return:


Eva Marie is at Raw tonight, and may make her first main roster appearance since 2014.


Bella's branch out:


The Bella Twins are working on a lingerie range.


Hulk Hogan:


Hulk Hogan is hoping to return to WWE, now he is free of his sex tape embarrassment, but is being urged to play the long game. He will certainly not be in the need of money after his massive settlement, and could benefit from taking time out of the public eye...

"There's no telling where Hogan goes from here, but if he is entitled to such a lofty sum, he won't need to peddle and dilute his namesake to any platform. Hogan's ability to somehow ride off into the sunset allows him to remove himself from the public eye entirely, which will ultimately give him leverage if WWE ever broaches the idea of a comeback."

Gawker are claiming over 1,000 pages of evidence where not allowed into the original trial, and will be at the centre of their appeal. They claim the documents prove Hogan knew about the camera in the room, and that he suffered no emotional distress due to the tape, but only wanted to keep the racial abuse out of the public domain. That, if proven, would mean the $60 million for emotional damage was undeserved.

Hogan's winfall has grown by another $25 million today, as the punitive damages were awarded. He has now got $140 million coming from the website.


R-Truth:


R-Truth has completed his rap album today.


WrestleMania 32:


Fifth Harmony have been named as the opening musical act for Mania.


TNA:


TNA signed 5 new stars on the day they lost Eric Young and Bobby Roode, according to Bob Ryder.


New album:


WWE have announced an Undertaker theme song album.

No comments:

Post a Comment