Saturday, May 23, 2015

Today's News

Jim Ross blogs on TNA troubles:


"The insanity that is Destination America is on going. As this is being written, the network still has yet to address the rumors that they are cancelling the TNA Impact Wresting TV program in September. The same program that the network abruptly moved from Friday nights to Wednesday nights with little or no advance waning. Nothing official from the network with all the rumors that flying around isn't prudent in my opinion. Why an official statement can't be made is hard to fathom but even if they do it late today (Friday) the long, Memorial Dy holiday will essentially engulf the information. I've talked to a few folks at TNA and they are as in the dark about this matter as TNA's fans are. It's insensitive and unprofessional to keep so many families of the wrestling company in the dark about their future."



Hulk Hogan:


Hulk Hogan is training to get in shape for WrestleMania 32. He also is in talks with Sylvester Stallone for a role in the next Expendables movie.



Rock record:


The Rock led a group of fans in setting the world record for most selfies taken in one place, at one time, at the London film premiere of his movie San Andreas.



TNA cancellation:


TNA execs have nixed a planned interview to air on their show, with Dixie Carter addressing the cancellation story.


TNA talent have received an E-Mail telling them that the company will be seeking to take legal action over the reports, as they are proving detrimental to their business, but again, they do not deny the reports accuracy.

A second source have confirmed the story, FW4 say Destination America ''Will not renew'' the TV deal with TNA.


Scott Hall:


Scott Hall's representatives say he decided to leave GFW, as he did not want to upset WWE, and that the recent incident in Jersey had nothing to do with his choice.



Million Dollar bodyslam:


The promoter of Legends Of Wrestling has shot down Scott Steiner's challenge to Hulk Hogan...

''I'd like to respond to the video in which Steiner challenges Hulk Hogan. I want to make clear to the fans that this video was entirely of Scott Steiner's doing and that Legends of Wrestling has no relationship with Hulk Hogan. Mr. Hogan is not scheduled to appear at the CitiField event.''



Kurt Angle talks WWE snub:


"I don't think so, I don't think that Triple H and I have any problems with each other, I've always liked him. He's always treated me with respect and I've always treated him the same. No, I don't think it was that. There was a point when my manager talked to them and I believe they did say 'he would have to wrestle full-time'. That is not an option for me, not at this point in my career. So, whether that was part of it, honestly I just don't think they had that much interest in signing Kurt Angle at that point. For whatever reason, it could have been my mishaps in my past, it could have been that they didn't think I was healthy enough to go - and obviously I am - but we never got a full answer of why they couldn't give me what I wanted. And it wasn't just what I wanted, it was a reduced schedule, but there was no option. Dixie Carter gave me exactly what I wanted and it wasn't a hard decision. I wasn't upset, I was excited about signing another year with TNA. I think they did an incredible job this year. They had to refocus, they had to re-group, they had some issues in the past, and I think they've done an incredible job of making their way back. Are they back to what they were? No. But they're on their way and they're doing so many good things right now that make me excited about being part of the company."

No comments:

Post a Comment