Thursday, January 3, 2013

Today's News

New Alumni:


This week's new WWE Alumni is Jim The Anvil Neidhart.

Neidhart was Bret Hart's tag team partner known as the iconic Hart Foundation in the 80's early 90's, and is the Father of current WWE star Natalya.


CM Punk:


WWE have announced via their website, that CM Punk has been medically cleared to wrestle, and will face Ryback on next Monday's Raw.


Retirement announced:


Former WWF man Dan The Beast Severn, who famously feuded with Owen Hart, Ken Shamrock and Steve Blackman in the late 90's has announced he will end his in ring career at the end of 2013.


Michelle McCool recalls incident with Stephanie McMahon:


“I do remember during one pre-tape, it was with a few of the girls, and I remember her saying: ‘Michelle, come into the bathroom real quick, I need to tell you something.’ I’m thinking: ‘Oh, no. She doesn’t wanna embarrass me about how horrible I am in front of other people — which is nice, but she’s still about to tell me gosh knows what. So we go in there and she’s like: ‘I think you need to shave your armpits.’ I raise them up, and I’m like: ‘No, I shave my armpits every day!’ So when I raise them up, I’ve got black fuzz from my sweatshirt, but she was calling me in there to tell me. Stuff like that, she’s just funny.”


Drew McIntyre:


Has tweeted he is back to 100% for the first time in 4 months, after a wrist injury.


Del Rio no show:


More on Alberto Del Rio missing last weeks SmackDown tapings, it seems if the match was pulled by WWE it was a very late decision, because a yellow Camero was parked near the TitanTron ready for his entrance throughout the show.


Evan Bourne:


WWE do not expect Evan Bourne to return until after WrestleMania 29.


The Rock:


Will be a regular face on WWE TV in the coming weeks, working most Raw's, a handful of SmackDown's and 3 PPV's.


Ric Flair:


AJPW have announced Ric Flair will wrestle in a tag bout later this month, his partner will be The Great Muta.


WWE cuts:


Good news for WWE talent, insiders in WWE believe that the days of bulk roster cuts in the weeks after WrestleMania are over, citing the expansion to 3 hours and the too thin roster as the reasons.

Cuts will of course still happen, but releases will be spread out throughout the year, no longer will 5 or more people be dropped all at once.

This will be a relief to current stars who are concerned about their position, with the promotion of developmental stars, and WWE's interest in bringing back past talent to bulk up the roster.


Brock Lesnar:


Will work most of the TV's in March, building up to WrestleMania vs Triple H, he should return to TV in February.

His Contract runs out on the night of WrestleMania 29, no word on a new deal yet.


WWE promise big Raws:


They say after the show on Jan 7 “People will be talking.”

And some more names expected to be at the 20th Birthday show have emerged, The Undertaker, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels are thought to be going, due to the show being in Texas.

An extra bonus that night will be the announcement of the first Class of 2013 Hall Of Famer.


Chris Jericho:




This is the trailer for Chris Jericho's new TV show.

No comments:

Post a Comment