Monday, November 30, 2015

Today's News

Barrett in media story:


Wade Barrett is at the center of a football spat, after Irish football manager Roy Keane criticised Wayne Rooney for getting involved at a recent WWE show...


"I always question certain players what are they doing off the field? I saw Wayne last week slapping a wrestler and I'm thinking 'why is he getting involved in all that nonsense?'. There's no benefit to him so I think I would look at that side to it."


Bring it back:


Charlotte and Sasha Banks have joined the calls on social media backing the re-installation of the Women's title.



Network talk TNA:


TNA's new domestic TV partner Pop have discussed their new deal...


"Dixie and the Impact team were looking for a new home for their series. They had huge success on Spike. Millions of viewers watching every week, and they really enjoyed that success. In switching to another network [Destination America] which didn't have the distribution that Spike had, they obviously noticed a little bit of a hit to the success that they had. So [TNA was] actively looking for a new television partner, and I think made the rounds and met with a lot of cable networks to see where a home might be. We were on their list of calls, and they came in [about a couple of months ago], and we had our entire team meet with them and listen to the pitch and listen to what they wanted to do -- where they saw the company going, where they saw [pro wrestling] going. That's how it came to our attention. We had a lot of people in that meeting -- our marketing team, our programming team, our communications team, our research team. We really wanted everybody to hear it. We even had representatives from CBS and Lionsgate in that meeting, so everybody could hear it firsthand. I would say the next day we [Pop, CBS, Lionsgate] were all like, 'We got to do this.' I'm not spinning this in any way. It's the truth. When we knew this meeting was happening, there were people like me. I grew up watching wrestling, and I remember going to WrestleMania, and I had my own wrestling name, when I was younger, when we joked around in the basement."


Great Khali remembers WCW career:


"After six months there, I signed a contract with World Championship Wrestling (WCW). There I continued to learn the trade and to fight but then Vince McMahon, chairman of WWE, bought the company. It left me disappointed because only in 7-8 months that I was there, the company was bought. I was not sure how things would transpire now and what would happen to my career."



WWE / Flair make amends:


Ric Flair is set to appear on Raw tonight, just two weeks after the promotion deeply hurt him and his family by using his dead son in an angle.



Raw teaser:



  • Will Sheamus keep his distance this Monday night, as a determined Roman Reigns looks to their high-stakes, career-threatening collision?
  • Will Kevin Owens send a message to Dean Ambrose?
  • What sinister plans do The Wyatt Family have for The Dudley Boyz?
  • Will Charlotte attain retribution against Paige this week?
  • Are The Usos and The Lucha Dragons going to parlay their Thanksgiving triumph into a WWE Tag Team Championship opportunity?

WWE have ''Multiple levels of security'' for fans attending the event, after the recent Survivor Series PPV was threatened by terror group Daesh.

Mick Foley says tonight may be his last Raw as a fan. He is frustrated that his repeated offers to work with the WWE creative team have gone unaccepted.

Hardy horribly injured:


Matt Hardy spent last night in hospital, where he received 38 stitches to a deep cut to the head, after ECIII botched a guitar shot during a match Hardy was having vs Jeff Jarrett. Hardy was bust open hardway, when the guitar did not break as planned.

AJ Styles:


AJ Styles has re-injured his lower back.

Footballer credited for WWE move:


A US footballer has started to perform the ''Yes'' chant at his games. A TV network featured his performing of the gesture, and called it his signature move. He responded...

"First of all, I'm not the creator, Daniel Bryan is the creator. I thought the energy that he brings, Columbus could really, really go with it. It has become a thing of it's own, so if I wanted to stop, I don't think I'd make it out of the stadium. The fans love it, It's kind of become our signature, a little part of this team's character and culture."

No comments:

Post a Comment